Input 1 and its wholly owned subsidiary, gotoPremiumFinance, seeks a highly motivated senior developer to help us continue to grow our position as a leading provider of billing and payments services to the insurance industry.
Input 1 is a privately held firm with an open organizational structure that encourages creativity from all employees, moves with swift precision and eliminates bureaucracy. Access to management decision making is immediate to help guide best practices supporting the business.
- Develop features in all areas within our application, including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, and testing
- Participate in the team’s effort to define plans for standardizing, scaling, and enhancing our products and services
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications
- Provide prompt engineering support in response to bug reports
- Design, develop, and implement programming changes with consideration for system performance and quality
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications
- Analyze current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming
- Test new code changes to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate
- Assist lower-level programmers with assignments
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural, modular and database level
- Communicate to and provide assistance with analysts, developers, testers, and technical support staff regarding programming needs and defects
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of the following areas of programming: C#, ASP.NET, .NET Framework version 4.0 and higher, T-SQL
- Up-to-date strong knowledge of all programming languages, tools, and techniques currently used in the development process
- Strong knowledge of used operating systems
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage a high level of activity
- Excellent listening and communications skills
- Positive attitude, self-motivation and independence
- A high degree of personal integrity and the ability to exercise independent judgment
- Goal oriented
- Patient and empathetic