RRD is a global, integrated communications provider enabling organizations to create, manage, deliver and optimize their multichannel marketing and business communications.
We are looking for a Senior .Net Developer to join the team at our Buffalo Grove, IL office. If you are a driven, motivated professional seeking a challenging and rewarding position with a great company and work environment, apply today!
- Coding: Independently develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install complex software programs. Develops, maintains, and applies structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards. Conducts and participates in code walkthroughs.
- Testing: Plans, coordinates, and develops unit test and test scripts; performs unit, regression, conversion and parallel tests; develops system test data and performs system tests. Assists quality assurance testing teams with testing plans.
- Mentoring: Assist junior level team members with simple and complex department procedures, environment, tools, utilities and standards.
- Analysis/Design: Independently analyze and document test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical requirements. Partner with designers to update technical requirements documentation and make recommendations for re-design and/or re-coding of programs that do meet desired specifications.
- Technical Support: Research and resolve complex programming issues and implement longer-term solutions to frequently occurring issues.
- Documentation: Develop program specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), for stand-alone programs or systems. Prepare concise internal program documentation on program development and revisions.
- Communication: Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management. Develops and maintains program, systems and user documentation.
- Planning: Prepare time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development with Microsoft .NET and SQL Server technologies.
- Experience using PowerShell in the day-to-day work
- 1-2 years’ experience with Angular
- Experience leading/mentoring junior staff is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate an expert understanding of the technology environment/infrastructure and be able to identify and resolve complex challenges associated with the work.
- Must be able to understand and apply emerging trends in information technology best practices and standards in completing assignments.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the full range of customer information/data management systems and related processes and protocols.
- Must be able to effectively analyze and solve the more difficult and complex work related problems by using past experience, research, and best practice information.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
- Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer