The Corporate Support Systems (CSS) Custom Applications team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior .Net Developer
with solid technical, analytical, project management and leadership skills to serve as the senior engineer on the team and mentor other team members in the various technologies used in the applications we support. Candidate will be presented with an opportunity to work in a collegial but self-managed and creative environment and contribute to all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle. The ideal candidate is motivated to succeed, takes ownership in their work, and is willing to help drive the team to success. This individual will be responsible for working closely with analysts and dynamic project teams to design and develop complex system components. They will be responsible for technical analysis and design, coding, unit testing, and maintaining production applications.Required Qualifications:
• 3+ years of experience building .Net (4.0 preferred) web based applications with C#, web services, WCF, Web APIs, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS.
• Demonstrated ability using TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps and building and deploying web based applications.
• Strong understanding of object oriented development, use of design patterns.
• Demonstrated technical abilities across Microsoft technologies primarily .Net & Azure development.
• Ability to think strategically and be innovative while facilitating a collaborative team oriented environment.
• Exhibit strong critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong Analytical Skills, working closely with business units to provide feedback & influence the future of product roadmap Must be process and results oriented.
• Must have a proven track record of driving results and delivering complex systems involving multiple areas.
• Must possess the ability to support multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines and multi-task effectively.
• Must be a team player plus possess the ability to work independently, given general direction, as well as function as an integral part of a team.
• Must possess excellent organizational and people skills as well as demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency and be able to perform effectively under pressure.
• Must be organized and able to prioritize tasks.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required along with the ability to effectively communicate with various levels of Management.
• Motivate and Mentor fellow associates and junior developers. Highly Preferred:
• Workday experience.
• Candidates should produce well documented code and contribute as a team member while having fun.
• A good understanding of web development technologies and Agile Scrum methodologies is preferred.
• Azure/Office 365/SharePoint administration and development skills and experience are a plus.
For more than 75 years, GEICO
has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.