Description JOB SUMMARY:
Work as part of a collaborative system and application development team to develop, maintain, customize and support client's integrated registration, analytics, and data management systems, web, and intranet sites and other related system, application, and data management development tasks. Collaborate with and mentor team members, using expertise and knowledge of software development tools and techniques, including Agile, DevOps, and Automated Testing, to enhance Team performance. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Work with Product Owner, Analysts, Team Members, and Customer to establish requirements and delivery expectations.
- Identify and present innovative ideas and opportunities for new projects, applications, solutions, modifications and enhancements.
- Provide programming support for the analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of the client's web-based analytics, training administration and student identification systems.
- Understand and communicate software design principles and patterns as a mentor to team members.
- Work with Team Members to ensure that requirements and functional specifications are documented and maintained using Git and other tools.
- Identify, recommend and adopt tooling, applications, frameworks, and libraries for development efforts.
- Collaborate with team members and end users to analyze, troubleshoot, test, and resolve identified issues and develop modifications and enhancements.
- Conduct Code Reviews of Development Work.
- Provide quality control on existing code, code documentation, and configuration management. Write Unit Tests and Integration Tests.
- Develop conceptual design models and flowcharts.
- Assist with related help desk issues as needed.
- Develop and deliver demonstrations and other presentations to end users and the client.
- Assist with creation and editing of technical documentation (i.e. user guides, system manuals, etc.).
- Provide and assist with end user training.
- Create and perform database queries to obtain and provide data reports.
- BS degree (4 years exp in lieu of degree) and 9 years of total IT experience
- United States Citizen and be eligible to obtain U.S. DHS Public Trust Entrance on Duty (EOD) clearance
- Work will primarily be performed at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) facility in Anniston, AL.
- 7+ years working experience in C# preferably using .NET Core
- Working knowledge of the MVC (Model View Controller) design pattern
- Understanding of Unit Tests and Testing methodologies
- Proven working knowledge of Visual Studio
- Proven working knowledge of version control using Git
- Basic knowledge of T-SQL; MS SQL Server
- Able to complete a programming knowledge assessment questionnaire, live programming session, and take home programming assignment
- Working knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Working knowledge of Team Foundation Server
- Working knowledge of JSON and XML data
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Experience working in an Agile environment using DevOps methodologies; Scrum experience a plus
- Knowledge of TFS and/or Azure DevOp for tracking work items, creating and maintaining build and release pipelines
- Knowledge of and experience working with MS Azure Cloud a strong plus
My SAIC Benefits.