SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, Cybersecurity
ALTA IT Services has a contract to hire opening for a Senior Project Manager to support the Cybersecurity program of a leading health insurance customer in Washington DC. Work is being conducted remotely during Stay at Home Orders, and will revert back to 100% onsite once restrictions have been lifted later this year.
The Cybersecurity program consists of multiple Security technology projects geared towards modernizing the security technical infrastructure in order to lower the overall risk posture of the organization by creating newer and improved security architecture, tools, solution, controls, and processes for the IT infrastructure hosted by the company to serve various health insurance plans. Span of responsibility covers all aspects of Project Management functions within the Cybersecurity Portfolio of projects that will deliver security specific tool, solutions, controls, and processes for large and highly complex systems, infrastructure and applications.
This positions involves Project Management activities for multiple Security Projects for delivering technology products, solutions, and services for internal infrastructure as well as corporate hosted infrastructure for serving the health insurance plans. Ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget and with quality by leveraging matrixed project teams. Provide oversight and management of all phases of the Security projects including (but not limited to) business requirements gathering, functional requirements gathering, system/infrastructure design and architecture, system development, application development, functional testing, performance testing, user acceptance testing, and support activities.
Work collaboratively with integrated corporate teams to successfully deliver projects and proactively address risks and issues for improved delivery confidence. Conduct, facilitate and participate in various corporate meetings regarding the coordination of project activities and deliverables.
MUST HAVE ABILITIES/SKILLS:
- Prior experience as Project Manager for implementation of leading-edge IT and/or Security Technologies, Solutions, and Tools for large enterprises.
- Experience managing and delivering infrastructure projects that involves integrating various technologies and/or replacement of older legacy technologies with newer technologies.
- Experience in managing extensive client interactions and providing detailed status/progress for the projects on weekly (or on needed frequency) basis.
- Create and maintain various project artifacts, including but not limited to:
- Project Charter/Initiation Document
- Project Plan including subsidiary plans for managing requirements, change, testing, communication, implementation, risk, issues etc.
- Project Schedule in MS Project
- Resource Allocation Model and resource Estimate
- Risk and Issue Logs
- Communication Plan
- Quality Assurance Plan
- Project Status for leadership reporting
- In-depth of knowledge of system development methodologies; working knowledge or understanding of technologies employed at FEPOC.
- Experience managing cross functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities across all phases of the projects within the constraints of the product scope, resources, time, and budget.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Must be able to influence and partner with Functional Managers to achieve not only wins for own objectives and deliverables but also those of the broad organization.
- Experience in working with internal and external managers to coordinate joint management oversight execution of all technical/infrastructure changes.
- Experience with identifying internal and external resources required for each security infrastructure implementation upgrade or client release requiring corporate support and manage the execution of the POA.
- Experience in managing approve project budgets with monthly variance reporting that includes a Project Sponsor review cycle.
- Experience with ensuring appropriate project communication is occurring on an on-going basis with internal and external stakeholders.
- Interfaces/ Coordinates support tasks required from various technical support teams and external vendors as required.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives, possess good technical skills including scheduling, estimating, and costing.
- Proficiency in project management planning and estimation tools.
- Experience in monitoring and controlling resource utilization per the approved project budgets.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tool set – MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Prior experience as Project Manager for implementation of leading-edge Security Technologies, Solutions, and Tools for large enterprises.
- Experience managing and delivering Security projects that involves integrating various technologies and/or replacement of older security technologies with newer ones.
- Familiarity with industry leading and broad spectrum of security infrastructure solutions and products.
- Prior Health insurance industry exposure.
- PMI PMP certification is a plus.
- ISC2 CISSP certification is a plus.
- 10+ years of IT experience working to support and enhance security solutions and infrastructure such as identity and access management, data security and loss prevention, network security and application security at the enterprise level within an organization.
- Knowledge of and experience with managing infrastructure related projects including installation of hardware and software solutions (for mainframe, distributed servers, storage, middleware, networking)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of technology product offerings and experience with hardware, software and software development methodologies is required in order to understand the impact of a new project and its impact on a technology product
- Ability to lead dynamic, energized, and highly creative multidiscipline high-performance work teams in learning and applying new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.
- Leadership skills including: coaching, organizing, integrating, directing, controlling and motivating.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Experience with creation of required Plan of Action (POAs) for all major security and infrastructure implementations that include detailed steps and activities with identified ownership and execution timing.
- Effectively allocating resources and managing large projects in a cross-functional environment, work flow balancing, activity scheduling, problem resolution and flexibility, including the use of MS Project and ideally Clarity Portfolio Management tool.
- Seeks out opportunities on a continuous basis to enhance the customer relationship as they arise.
- An understanding or experience with Service Level Measurements with contractual obligations and how they are applied to infrastructure projects is a plus
- Highly motivated
- Positive attitude
HOURLY RATE DURING CONTRACT: Up to $75.00/hr. W2
CONVERSION SALARY: Up to $150,000 annually
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via email@example.com
ALTA IT Services, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.