What You'll Do
In this highly visible role as a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
● Design, Implement and Manage a set of highly distributed and highly scalable micro-services for Tropo (very Agile, very DevOps)
● Lead design and implementation efforts across multiple geographically distributed teams of engineers, designer, product managers and system administrators.
● Work with external partners and developers to accelerate our integration strategy
● Innovate every day our cloud collaboration platform
Who You'll Work With
The Tropo product development team is a young disruptive team, distributed world-wise with a start-up culture working in a very agile fashion, with one simple goal: reshape and reinvent the way people collaborate.
Who You Are
Across our whole team, we practice a form of agile development called “continuous delivery”, allowing us to release updates to both server and client components on a daily basis. To achieve this, everyone on the team is responsible for contributing to the automated tests that allow us to release with confidence. The resulting process is extremely agile, allowing both our team, and the successful candidate, to achieve greatness.
We are looking for people with specific skills, but ultimately, experience with technology FOO or acronym BAR is not as important as pride in delivering a great product to millions of users. We are serious about building a great product, but our culture is one of supportive teamwork and fun. Join a small team doing big things.
● Strong development experience with developing Cloud RESTful services
● BS in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
● 2-4 years experience in a SaaS environment
● Fluent in Webservices and Rest Web architecture
● Previous start-up experience
● Knowledge of modern and commonly used Java frameworks
● Familiarity with Cisco Spark platform and APIs as well as competitors "
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.