Client is seeking for a Senior ASP.NET / MVC Web Developer to be the technical lead of a software development team located at a client site in Washington, DC.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of software developers and domain experts to design and develop data-intensive, web-based applications in support of multiple federal agencies using the Microsoft .NET framework and SQL Server.
- Perform software development activities including requirements gathering and analysis, systems design, development, documentation, testing and integration.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum B.S. in computer science, engineering, or a related field and 10+ years professional experience with an emphasis on full lifecycle systems development including system design, development, and maintenance/support.
- Demonstrated experience in web development using ASP.NET and C# with the Web Forms and MVC models.
- Strong demonstrated experience working with relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - 2016) and developing database-driven .NET applications.
- Experience using ASP.NET UI controls, 3rdparty web application UI controls (e.g.Telerik, etc), and AJAX technologies.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on experience using agile software development methodologies and practices such as Test Driven Design (TDD). Familiar with lifecycle management tools such as Atlassian JIRA.
- Experience using Object Relational Mapping (ORM) such as the Entity Framework / LINQ to SQL.
- Experience with Distributed Source Control tools such as Git or Mercurial.
- Familiar with Design Patterns (implementation and explanation).
- Familiar with developing reports using SQL-Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and third party OLAP and data analysis tools.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with a team of software developers.
- Experience working in a consultant/client environment.