The Sr. AWS – DevOps Engineer leverages experience in applying Amazon EC2 (‘AWS’) cloud deployments in order to enable transformation of SOA-based environment into cloud-enabled environment. The AWS – DevOps engineer will play a critical role in bringing next-generation clinical trials systems to patients and clinicians.
- Deploy and administer cloud environments
- The role requires excellent communication and stakeholder skills
- Experience supporting health informatics, clinical trials, or other regulated systems would be helpful but not mandatory.
- The culture in the group is a ‘startup’ mentality and they are looking for people to be comfortable wearing “multiple hats” with a focus on delivering quality products with minimal pressure from management (proactivity is prized)
- Work will be performed onsite at the client facility in Rockville, MD.
Education and Experience Guidelines
- Project Lead or Project Management experience.
- Systems Administration experience on AWS to include security, load balancing, provisioning, and metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical or Scientific Discipline and a minimum 7 years technical experience; Masters degree preferred
- 2+ years of AWS
- 2+ years working with Docker
- The role requires a “hands on” level of technical skill leveraging AWS tools such as dynamodb, elasticsearch, and scripting languages like Python.
- AWS Certification as Associate or Professional in applicable AWS practice area (Solutions Architect, Cloud Architect, Developer, or DevOps Engineering is mandatory)
Essex Management is an equal opportunity employer. Essex Management does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.