The Technical Functional/Data Analyst will be responsible for analysis and design for Spend Management Technology initiatives across multiple applications. Spend Management Technology supports the Re-Engineering and Expense Mgmt businesses which are responsible for the Firm's sourcing, contracts, procurement, invoicing, accounts payable and third part risk functions. Across our applications we also have several reporting and data warehouse tools. The analyst will need to have a clear understanding of the business requirements and ensure current and future states are clearly documented so they can create a detailed end to end functional design. The individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct analysis of business issues and challenges
- Works with the product owners and business stakeholders to capture requirements using various techniques such as workshop facilitation, data analysis and task and workflow analysis.
- Analyze, facilitate, model, and organize information in order to reconcile conflicts, elicit requirements and distinguish solution ideas from business needs
- Document and create functional specifications, conversions, upgrades, interfaces, reports, forms, mock-ups and workflows
- Translate business requirements into appropriate functional specifications which should include mapping all data elements and interface flows.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients across all levels of the organization
- Provide continuous feedback and assist with improvement of internal process and procedures
- Coordinate with development and QA teams to make sure requirements are clearly understood
- Create clear polished presentations to be used to present solution options to the business
- Identify, document, mitigate and communicate key risks and issues are to the appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner
- Works with product teams in defining acceptance criteria and coordinating acceptance tests and issue resolution.
- Performs user acceptance and other types of tests to determine completeness of requirements.
- Own user story quality. Collaborate with subject matter experts, sponsors, developers and QA to reduce potential gaps in requirements and see the effort to completion.
- 7-10 yrs. IT business analysis experience
- 2+ years hands on experience in an Agile environment
- Experience working in data focused applications with complex data sets
- SQL/data querying skills.
- Experience writing functional design documents, inclusive of field definitions and associated logic.
- Experience with data and system flow analysis with proficiency using Visio and creating Swim lane diagrams
- Polished oral and written presentation skills including graphic illustrations
- Experience with writing agile user stories
- Experience with Jira and ALM
- Strong analytical skills and experience in dealing with complex data sets