Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Travelers is seeking a Sr. Director, Agile Coach to join our organization to help grow and transform our Agile landscape. Individual will guide multiple teams on Agile principles and practices across a large business area, demonstrate courage to challenge and advise teams and stakeholders, including senior leadership, enable teams to realize objectives and deliver on KPIs, assess and enhance Agile maturity of teams, and effectively integrate both internal and external learnings necessary to reinforce Agile growth at Travelers.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- As a servant leader and change agent, coach individuals and teams across a large or complex business area to adopt Agile principles, values and practices while role modeling Travelers' leadership behaviors.
- Understand and support implementation of metrics to optimize delivery of KPIs through the assessment of responsiveness, quality, productivity, and customer and business value.
- Run workshops and training on Agile topics, leveraging tool kits and internally developed content.
- Actively raise observed issues and remove impediments; resolve conflicts within and across teams. Anticipate challenges, identify risks, and recommend mitigations and solutions.
- Continuously assess the Agile maturity of teams and individuals at all levels of leadership, educating and mentoring to address gaps.
- Contribute to internal and external Agile communities to stay abreast of challenges, leading practices, and emerging trends; utilize learnings in furthering the effective use of Agile practices at Travelers.
- Facilitate open communication among teams and stakeholders; Promote positive team dynamics to ensure members collaborate and work effectively within and across teams.
- Use coaching techniques that increase collaboration, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation.
- 3 years of Agile delivery experience required.
- 5 years of business and/or technology related experience required.
- 2 years of experience as a coach required.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of one or more business units (i.e. Claim, Risk Control, IT, Project Management, Production, Application Development, etc.) required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5 years of Agile experience preferred.
- 4 years of experience as a coach preferred.
- 2 years of people leadership/management experience preferred.
- 3 years of experience championing organizational change initiatives preferred.
- 4 years of experience implementing Agile principles and practices in different cultures and environments preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Agile Mindset: Embody Agile core values of openness, courage, respect, focus, and commitment. Infuse Agile principles, practices and methodologies to achieve team success.
- Change Agent: Expert change leadership skills including the ability to create an inclusive environment, manage conflict and develop solutions to mitigate risk.
- Coaching: Ability to utilize tailored coaching techniques to inspire individuals and teams to perform at a higher level.
- Influence: Ability to influence behaviors of leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Servant Leadership: Foster an environment where individuals thrive as empowered and equal members of a team.
- Communication: Ability to communicate thoughts, concepts, practices effectively at all levels, adjusting as needed to a target audience.
- Collaboration: Expertise working with others in a cross-functional multi-team environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Demonstrate a commitment to continually improve, share learning with others and encourage team development.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.