Senior Android Developer
As a CoStar Android Developer you will be responsible for having a direct impact on the Android applications used every day by millions of people. CoStar Irvine develops the Apartments.com application and other rental applications. As the premier mobile portal to all rental properties in the US and around the world, you will be able to work on all aspects of the application, from UI front end to networking back end. CoStar looks for and values talented individuals, giving them autonomy to make the product they are working on the best product in the world. Change your job, change the world.RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will develop Android applications that scale to reach millions of users
- You will continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices that can be used to strengthen CoStar's technology platform and development practices
- Work with the team to create user interface layouts for customers and interfaces to backend web services
- Design and develop systems and libraries that are highly reusable and maintainable
- Understand CoStar's product architecture and frameworks and come to the table with your ideas
- Collaborate with different teams along with other Android developers to exchange new ideas and improvements
PREFERRED QUALIFCATIONS AND SKILLS
- You have 5+ years' experience developing Android applications
- You are an expert in everything Android - JAVA, Kotlin, Android SDK, Android Studio, Layout Editor and are always interested in learning more and sharing your skills
- You know all the common Object Oriented Programming and design patterns, MVC, MVVM, Dependency Injection and more.
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- You love mobile applications and know how to make them engaging
- You understand how to turn ideas and code into the perfect customer experience
- Experience with SQL databases and full stack development is a plus
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.ABOUT APARTMENTS.COM GROUP:
Apartments.com is the leading online apartment rental listing website, offering property, commuter, and neighborhood information for more than 1,000,000 available units nationwide. A CoStar Group subsidiary, the Apartments.com network includes Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com, Apartamentos.com, ApartmentHomeLiving.com, ForRentUniversity.com, After55.com, CorporateHousing.com and WestsideRentals.com. Reaching millions of renters worldwide, enabling both qualified traffic and highly engaged renters, Apartments.com is the fastest growing site within the residential rental industry.WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing