DO YOU CODE WELL WITH OTHERS? H-E-B is a leading innovator in technology, and our Information Solutions Partners collaborate to design, construct, implement, and support technology solutions. As a Developer, you will code, test, and debug new and existing applications, as well as research and fact-find to assist in development and modifications. Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company. WHAT IS THE SAN ANTONIO DEVELOPMENT CENTER?
As a division of the Information Solutions group at H-E-B, the San Antonio Development Center (SADC) serves as a pool of high-talent software developers. We provide software development services and solutions for the various lines of business and deliver business value by producing high-quality and scalable software solutions for the various business applications that run virtually every aspect of our retail grocery business.
Located in downtown San Antonio, we not only focus on software development but career development as well. Our software development projects focus on challenging software development that enhances our business application performance, functionality and user experience, all while encouraging growth as you build a career here at H-E-B. Our job family opportunities range from Developer I, Developer II, Senior Developer, Lead Developer, Expert Developer and SADC Manager.
While staffed as a developer, you will have the opportunity to serve in various roles not only as a software developer but also as an IS Technical Lead, Scrum Master or Development Center of Excellence (Dev COE) contributor. These opportunities are designed to give you a well-rounded experience as a software developer as you build your career here at H-E-B.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company. Do you have a:HEART FOR PEOPLE... a passion for working with others to help accomplish their vision? HEAD FOR BUSINESS... an ability to leverage technology to produce big-picture solutions?PASSION FOR RESULTS... a relentless drive for finding the best answer? a desire to see a project through to the end?We are looking for:
- a bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems
- programming and research skills
- abilities in analytics, time-management, communication, and coaching
What is the work?Design & Development:
- Leverages CoE-approved languages and development tools to communicate with end users, gather requirements, code / configure, maintain, test, and debug modifications to existing applications of basic to medium complexity, or executes the same in the development of new applications
- Leads the development of detailed specifications
- Leads research and fact-finding efforts needed to develop or modify information systems of basic to medium complexity
- Troubleshoots coding / configuration / installation issues of basic to medium complexity; works with software vendors as needed
- Serves as technical lead on projects, enhancements, and initiatives of basic to medium complexity
- Provides work breakdown structures, cost, and resource estimates
- Leads software development efforts (coding, configuration, maintenance, installation, testing, and debugging), managing timelines, and technical documentation
- Identifies, defines, and designs non-functional requirements into solution design, and ensuring implementation
- Creates / contributes to system and application designs
- Uses / contributes to the refinement of CoE-related tools, standards, and training
Training / Mentoring:
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced Partners
- Actively engages and collaborates with broader technical teams to ensure timely and quality solution delivery
- Communicates development status, issues, and concerns to leadership.
The Senior Developer is the entry-level job grade for System Administrator. The work: System Administration:
- Supports enterprise-class applications (those that support a major business function)
- Performs bare metal installation of applications and configures per H-E-B's needs
- Manages all SDLC efforts around bug fixes / enhancements (requirements through deployment), including working with application vendors or (as applications permit) coding / configuring the applications
- Resolves all production support issues, including working with application vendors
- Serves as the applications' technical and functional expert, including having a detailed understanding of the applications' underlying data
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Android Mobile application development
- Experience in leading the development phases of the Software Development Life Cycle on typical projects (development, integration, and test and implementation)
- Experience in multiple development platforms (client / server, browser, mobile, package, etc.), and knowledge of their unique constraints in order to meet their non-functional requirements
- Proficiency in System administration of at least one enterprise-class application suite
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Developer?
- Highly skilled in at least one CoE-approved programming language and platform
- Great interpersonal / communication skills (writing, speaking, listening)
- Ability to create and contribute to system / application design
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Sit for an extended period of time
- Work extended hours