Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
As a Senior Android developer, you’ll collaborate with internal teams to develop functional mobile applications, while working in a fast-paced environment. This role is part of a team consisting of iOS and Android mobile developers focused on daily maintenance and new feature development. This role will be primarily hands-on application development, but may also include strategy as well as mentoring and training junior staff.
Strategy & Planning
• Ability to perform in a team environment
• Liaise with Product development team to plan new features, gather requirements and suggest solutions.
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
• Research and implement new interface development techniques.
• Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
• Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
• Ability to work with new technologies while showing drive, versatility, adaptability, and creative thinking.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
• Estimate hours for project tasks.
• Contribute to brainstorming activities surrounding interface functionality.
• Lead in building Information Architecture diagrams.
• Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Communicate effectively by using natural language and by writing clear and concise code.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Write unit tests.
• Publish mobile application onto Google Play Store.
• Manage and prioritize workload between project and maintenance tasks.
• Maintain and modify mobile applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Participate proactively in researching, developing and maintaining team standards, documentation, tools, and best practices
• Provide support for critical mobile application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Train junior developers.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with other development teams.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical mobile application problems and issues.
• Analyze performance of mobile apps and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years of IT experience
• 3+ years experience in Android application programming (includingJava, Android SDK, and Android Studio)
• Experience in the Google Play Store deployment process
• Preferred experience with third-party frameworks such as Ionic, NativeScript, Cordova, and ReactJS
• Experience with automated deployments of mobile apps as well as continuous integration
• Experience with user experience and rapid prototyping
• Knowledge of API data feeds, ingestion techniques, data mapping, data modeling, and best practices for object oriented design patterns
• 2+ years of experience using git source code control
• Experience in Device Management
• Strong working knowledge of beta testing services
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
• Ability to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to translate an idea or need into a completed solution or work product.
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Candidate will be asked to provide a list of published applications within Google Play Store.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, citizenship status, marital status, or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.