iRhythm is disrupting the healthcare industry with our revolutionary wearable ECG patch. Join a team of world leading engineers and data scientists, building a highly scalable, AI driven arrhythmia detection platform. We’ve already helped over half a million patients. Be part of something meaningful and help define the future of digital healthcare delivery.
We’re looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our growing mobile development team. You’ll be working across multiple teams from firmware and platform engineers to designers and data scientists. You’ll be helping to redesign our mobile app offering for both patients and physicians. You’ll also be contributing directly to bringing our next generation wearable bio-sensors to market.
We’re located in the Zynga building in SOMA, San Francisco, CA.
- Lead android development within the mobile team
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the platform team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and collaborate with the test automation team
- Write unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and different versions of Android
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration solutions for Android development
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, finding creative solutions.
- Experience with Android Wear and Bluetooth LE APIs is desirable
- Experience with health care/medical device apps is strongly desirable
- BA/BS in Computer Science, or related technical field.
Benefits | Perks
- Health benefits
- Stock options, restricted stock grant and discounted stock purchase plan.
- Great open office location, conveniently located near the design center in the SOMA district.
- Shuttle bus to BART/Caltrain station or easy walk.
- Fully stocked kitchen with beverages, snacks and treats. Catered lunch provided 3 days a week.