We are hiring for a Senior Application Architect with a focus in Node.js and Microservice architecture. Thisis a position that offers full time benefits and longevity for talented individuals who can work on a W2 without sponsorship.
STAND 8 provides end to end IT services to enterprise partners across the United States and with offices in Plano, LA, Atlanta, New York, Raleigh, and Phoenix.
We are seeking a highly skilled and knowledgeable Node Application Architect to join a growing team. The ideal candidate will have experience designing and delivering performant cloud-based applications, supporting and leading engineering teams, and helping to develop and implement detailed coding standards.
- Take a lead role in the design, implementation, deployment and documentation of projects that interact with a variety of internal and external systems
- Work with internal and external engineers of all levels to build enterprise level applications
- Help to define, document, and manage development processes and standards
- Serve as the subject matter expert for application architecture that will include configuration, development, integration and customization of complex environments
- Design and architect application from high-level user stories and implement a solution to completion
- Ability to present to present ideas succinctly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Believe in and evangelize coding standards, design patterns and the importance of testing
- Demonstrates calm under pressure, is a proactive contributor with an eagerness to learn and share
- Ad hoc analysis and conduct research projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines, preferred but not required
- Advanced knowledge of at least one other language (multiple preferred)
- Strong NoSQL experience, particularly DynamoDB
- Experience with relational database
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including communicating with other technical teams, product management, and senior management
- Experience in a microservice oriented environment
- Experience working in a serverless environment
- Deep knowledge of cloud provider services (AWS highly preferred)
- Strong knowledge of common design patterns and principles
- Strong knowledge of GIt and common Git workflows (such as GitFlow)
- Strong knowledge of TDD and BDD