It's an exciting time to be in our IT department; we're investing heavily in the future of our firm's technology. Our business is growing internationally, which emphasizes the need to build an unparalleled technology team that drives future global growth and scale through strategic solutions and continuous innovation. We play a foundational role in supporting our firm's diverse businesses, and we're excited to continue solidifying that foundation as we add more talented technologists to our team.
Our IT Department is now seeking a highly talented Senior Application Developer to join our team to help provide internally-developed and third-party software solutions to meet business needs. This individual will be technically involved in all aspects of assigned projects, including planning and resolving issues. The successful candidate is expected to have hands-on participation in the full SDLC process and enjoy converting business requirements into working software that adheres to our architectural standards for various business processes. This position can be located in our San Mateo, CA, office (near San Francisco, CA) or Camas, WA, office (near Portland, OR). This will be a contract-to-hire or direct hire opportunity. The Day-To-Day:
- Develop software, primarily in C# and ASP .Net
- Provide expertise in the use of the Microsoft .Net stack, including best practices and design patterns.
- Significantly contribute to software design and architecture
- Develop both new applications and improve our existing ones in performance, capability, and reliability
- Managing technical development of software from inception through user acceptance, including projects which affect multiple departments and/or pose high risk situations
- Designs steps and modules, defines timelines, identifies and resolves issues.
- May assign work and provide oversight to others
- May serve as technical lead and make decisions regarding technical direction
- 7+ years of experience in developing software programs; or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Deep understanding of the C# language and ASP.Net
- Solid understanding of Enterprise Applications Development and strong design skills
- Previous experience serving as a team and/or technical lead in software applications development projects preferred
- Strong understanding of Web API's and micro-service patterns
- Experience with SQL and / or experience working with large, complex data sets
- Expert in the Microsoft .Net framework, including WCF, LINQ, TPL, and other modern libraries
- Expert in best practices and design patterns in Microsoft .Net
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline
Preferred Skills/Previous Experience:
Why Fisher Investments:
- Experience with Microsoft MVC pattern is a plus
- Experience with modern web technologies and front-end frameworks
- Strong math background and analytical capabilities
- Familiarity with financial data
Fisher Investments is a different kind of investment firm. We don't come from Wall Street, nor do we believe we fit in with most of the finance industry, and we're proud of that. We work for a bigger purpose: bettering the investment universe. From unmatched service to innovative perspectives on investing, it's the people that make the Fisher purpose possible. After all, it's our people that enable us to offer the level of service that we do. And we invest in them accordingly, offering exceptional benefits to full-time employees like:
- 100% coverage of premiums for health, vision and dental insurance
- 50% 401(k) match - up to the IRS maximum
- 20 days of paid time off* (plus 9 paid holidays)
- Open and supportive team-based environment
- 8 week paid Primary Caregiver Parental Leave
- And much, much more
We also provide a cumulative, continuous learning and development framework customized for every employee. This emphasis on personal and professional growth has yielded an award-winning work environment; we're Great Place to Work Certified, and The Oregonian named us as a Top Workplace.
But in the end, it's not the perks that keep people here. They stay because they believe in our mission of service-our employees want to make a difference in an industry that can do better.
*California employees accrue up to 17 days of paid time off and 3 days of sick time per year.
Thank you for your interest in our firm. We look forward to hearing from you!
FISHER INVESTMENTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER