Marcum LLP, one of the largest independent public accounting and advisory services firms in the nation, has an immediate full time, direct hire job opening for a Sr. Level Microsoft Application/Web Developer to work within a small development team to support the Tax/Advisory firm.
Ideally, the SR. Application Developer will work in our Nashville, TN office, once Covid restrictions are lifted. Other Marcum offices in FL, PA, OH, TX ,CT, MA, ME, RI, NJ/NYC, FL, IL, DC may be considered.
This individual is involved in complex analysis and advanced level programming for web and client-server enterprise-level applications. This includes researching and resolving complex technical computer systems software and hardware issues, and analyzing and optimizing system performance. They must have the ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Must be able to effectively listen and respond to business and IT objectives along with shifting needs based on new work. Must have the flexibility to adapt to changing environment/requirements and manage multiple tasks.
Understanding of Accounting applications and /or terminology is a huge plus.
General Qualification/Job Requirements
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent- or technical training/work experience
- 7+ years’ experience working with Microsoft .Net framework and web technologies
- Expert knowledge in core Microsoft Technologies including C#, Web API, PostSharp, Reactive Extensions, Parallel Programming, Entity Framework, ASP.Net, WinForms, IIS 7.5+, Windows 7/8 and Windows Server 2012, dotNetCore, UWP/WPF
- Familiarity with consuming services (REST)
- Knowledge in SQL Server 2008+, TSQL, SQL Server Administration, Stored Procedures and Performance Tuning concepts
- Strong OOP methodology
- Strong HTML and CSS
- Must be able to perform data mining, analyze systems and applications holistically; this includes understanding them from a the front and back end as well as how the employee can best utilize the application
- Excellent time management, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to analytically identify issues, recognize and take appropriate action or recommend possible scenarios to solve problems
- Ability to serve on cross-functional project teams as a platform subject matter expert
- Ability to manage own work plan and schedule to successfully meet goals with tight deadlines and minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to new applications and technologies and learn quickly
- Must have advanced high level knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and take ownership of problems and/or issues and ensures timely resolution
- Willingness to be part of IT Governance and Change Management processes
- Masters or additional elective courses in Computer Science
- Experience working for an accounting firm
- Data modeling experience
Essential Job Functions
- Design and develop systems making specific determinations about system performance
- Review and repair legacy code
- Conduct system analysis and development to keep our systems current with changing technologies
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions
- Responsible for developing new programs and proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Review, to the extent possible, changes in code and the environment that will affect system performance
- Writes, edits, and debugs new computer programs for assigned projects
- Recommend process and application enhancements.
- Prepare detailed specifications, flow charts and diagrams from which programs will be written.
- Design data structures and application interface.
- Build software modifications, and write programs using appropriate languages; test and debug coded programs to verify proper functioning, data integrity and optimal performance.
- Determine if new applications meet the business and technology requirements.
- Develop data model to support new or modified applications; normalize data. Develop and implement database design; maintain data dictionary for application in cooperation with database administrators.
NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE- sponsorship is not available.
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law