TransUnion's Job Applicant Privacy Notice What We'll Bring:
This role is for a Senior Software Developer that will operate as a member on one of the core teams of specialists that are responsible for enabling new features and optimizing strategic solutions within TransUnion's Online Platform.
As a contributing member on one of our agile development teams, you will have both the accountability and freedom to build systems that are taking TransUnion to the next level. Success in this role requires a blend of skills in Ab Initio Continuous Flows, CI/CD, Agile methodology, and/or working in a large onshore/offshore model. Strong ability to debug, used objected oriented design thinking and DB scripting.
This role will also coach and mentor junior developers, review code designs, manage code packages and be a leader for the group.What You'll Bring:How You'll Contribute
What You'll Bring
- Collaborate with stakeholders on requirements and implementation approaches for addressing demand and challenges
- Build and implement features for our high volume, low latency core online applications.
- Partner with business resources to troubleshoot issues, manage capacity, and plan for the optimization and expansion of environments.
- Maintain and ensure availability and quality of the application team
- Act as internal subject matter expert for the Online Platform.
Demonstrated understanding of how Ab Initio applications and systems interact with the underlying hardware ecosystem. Ability to define hardware requirements for application needs.
Impact You'll Make:What we bring:
- 7-10 or more years of demonstrable hands-on experience in a software development profession
- 3-5 years of experience directly leading application support initiative.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of several advanced Ab Initio concepts such as, project architecture, meta-programming, vectors, parallelism, performance tuning, debugging.
- Experience with Continuous Flow Graphs.
- Experience with the broader Ab Initio tool suite such as Express>It, Control Center, BRE and Metadata Hub a plus.
- Experience with Scheduling tools.
- Proficiency with Linux, including strong shell scripting skills.
- Experience with AWS and migration to cloud is a plus.
- Understand Agile/scrum methodologies and working within it.
- Experience with High-Volume, Low Latency transaction web services applications
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL programming, Oracle and Aurora Postgress
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Expert debugging skills.
- Mature security design and management. Using Blackduck and Checkmarx.
- Expert with unit/integration testing
- Senior with the code review processes and defect management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and should be able to function independently as a team member
- Opportunity to work on a large online application platform.
- Opportunities for lateral or upward growth.
- Flexible work arrangements. Remote, hybrid or office.
- Diverse and equitable environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Lead, Applications Development