Enquero seeks Senior Application Engineers.
Senior Application Engineers are responsible for leading the development efforts for application function for utilities. This includes, analyze, evaluate and design Advanced Network Applications (NA)/Generation Control (GC)/Dispatcher Training Simulator (DTS) requirements. Typical tasks assigned to Senior Application Engineer include: design and develop complex application software and apply advanced computer programming, analytical techniques and control strategies to effectively meet requirements and resolve problems. Act as principle investigator or lead to investigate problems, develop solutions and prepare recommendations.
- Analyze customer requirements and design cost effective solutions. Produce Functional Specifications consisting of customer requirements, decomposed into design requirements.
- Execute the Design Specifications: Design and code software modules for the application/system to meet the requirements. Major emphasis on data base, user interface and performance issues.
- Write Test Procedures and use them (in the factory and on site) to test the new and modified software.
- Demonstrate new functional capabilities to the Customer.
- Write the associated documentation.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor or Master or Ph.D. degrees or foreign equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Overall 5+ years of experience in software application development with at least 2 years of experience working with power system modeling and simulation, analysis and operation, optimization and numerical analysis methodology or Masters Degree.
- Familiar with analytical tools, such as Load Flow, Contingency Analysis, State Estimation, AGC, Economic Dispatch and Power Systems Simulators etc.is desirable.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in C/C++ and Fortran
- Solid theoretical background in Power System Modeling and Operation, Optimization Techniques and Numerical Analysis Methods is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with EMS Applications: Generation Control, Network Analysis, Dispatcher Training Simulator is desirable.
- Familiarity with Linux, Unix and Windows development environments.
- Ability to interact effectively with Team Members and Customers.
- Ability to work within strict procedures and development standards.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and be able to produce effective results within scheduled budgets and tight deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to peers, top management and other stakeholders.
Enquero is a new age business and technology consulting firm. Utilizing innovative solutions and outcome-based thinking, Enquero delivers business capabilities that solve our customers' most challenging business or technology problems. Our services and solutions focus on measurable outcomes, disruptive technologies and a differentiated delivery model. These are achieved through a strong combination of deep industry experience, targeted IP, and U.S based Agile Delivery Centers (ADCs) that give our clients the ability to achieve faster time-to-value.
We are currently scaling our ERP and BI Consulting team in our Agile Delivery Center in Lafayette Louisiana. This team will work on some of the leading packaged software and BI platforms to build technology solutions for our customer. We are looking to hire bright individuals with passion for business process, technology and consulting; and are ready to take on new challenges as well as to learn new technologies. If you think that your interests and your experience align with that of our requirement then we certainly want to speak with you.