GEICO is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Research, Analysis and Development (RAD) department as a Senior Application Systems Analyst.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of our team, you will have opportunities to manage your projects from the planning and design phase through development and maintenance. This position includes conducting systems analysis, writing business requirements, leading testing campaigns, and support enhancements to existing applications. The position will also involve working closely with data scientists, analysts, and modelers to design, manage and champion the department's data strategy and product development practices. Additionally, it involves evaluating our business processes and driving efficiency and process improvements through the application of systems tools and/or automation. This is a great opportunity to work closely with various departments, manage projects, and to learn the skills required by the business and technology world!Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field/equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years of experience leading large-scale, complex systems projects through all phases of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience developing test plans and executing test scenarios to ensure the highest quality deliverables.
- Experience eliciting and documenting functional system requirements from project stakeholders.
- Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, a strong analytical ability and a willingness to respond to ad hoc requests from customers in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision, perform under pressure and multi-task.
- Knowledge of Data Management concepts, including data modeling, architecture and data governance is preferred.
- Knowledge of the auto insurance industry and practices is a plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL is desirable.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and familiarity with Agile project management practices is a plus.
Range of $72,000 - $85,000 a year depending on experience
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, Maryland office.Benefits
As a full-time Senior Application Systems Analyst, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.