Our client is one of the world s largest independent oil and gas traders and last year they completed their 50th consecutive year of profitability. Focused on the sale, purchase and transport of physical energy commodities on a global basis they are headquartered in Geneva, with operations offices in Houston, London, Moscow, Rotterdam and Singapore and almost 40 offices worldwide in total. The firm's success is based on a commitment to long term customer and supplier relationships, a global intelligence gathering capability and the depth, breadth and experience of the professionals to take full advantage of market opportunities.
It isn t ships or terminals or cargoes that create their success: it s the caliber of people. Being a global business, they come from all over the world and represent a vibrant mix of different nationalities, educational backgrounds and life experiences. In fact, today, people from around 60 different countries work for our client, all around the world. They continue to build their reputation as a leading player in the energy markets through their creativity, commitment, professionalism and entrepreneurial spirit. Our client is now looking for the next member to join our MIS (Management Information Systems) team in Houston.
Position Core Responsibilities
- Work with global team to develop and expand the data and analytics capabilities
- Participate in full development life cycle from definition to design to delivery
- Work directly with end users to drive requirements and delivery value add features
- Meet aggressive deadlines with focus on quality and performance
- Collaboration with global team including participation in daily scrum meetings, peer reviews and design sessions
- Deliver testable and maintainable code for globally distributed systems
Qualifications and Experience
Ability to interact with end users to progress design and satisfy requests Exposure to architectures utilizing message bus for data distribution and consumption like Kafka or RabbitMQ Awareness of continuous integration and delivery concepts/technologies Experience working in an agile scrum development model Understanding of commodities trading concepts including market data is desired Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- 5+ years experience working with C# and related .NET technologies within global enterprise solutions
- Experience writing reliable real time data enabled Excel Add-Ins utilizing latest technologies and patterns including:
- Excel RTD Servers
- ExcelDNA using C#
- Team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Able to work in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities
- Proactive and customer focused make it work mentality
- Highly responsive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Resourceful and able to think creatively and adapt.