Ready To Make and Impact?? If so, read on!
As a Senior Applications Systems Analyst, you will join the Auto Claims Department of highly motivated and experienced application development professionals committed to improving the Claims experience for our customers and adjusters. As part of the product development team, you will be focused on assessing new products, projects or changes from both a business and technical perspective. You will accomplish this by working across teams and stakeholders to analyze, determine the value of changes and to set product vision for projects. Candidates must work collaboratively with the team to define vision and develop requirements to support the product. Focus will be on innovative ideas to give the GEICO claims experience a true competitive advantage. Successful candidates will have the ability to see the big picture as well as the impacts of specific changes. You will support the team to develop high level product designs -- to include dependencies, impacts within applications and downstream, across channels such as adjuster facing applications, customer facing applications, mobile applications, architectural/technology considerations, and high level requirements -- epics and/or features. Candidates must be flexible and able to shift priorities to meet the needs of the team and the department.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these Qualifications?
Qualified candidates will have:
* 4+ years of application/product development team experience in an analytical or programming role
* An Understanding of auto claims business processes and corresponding systems and architecture
* Progressive analysis/systems experience in a large scale multi-platform environment
* Ability to collect and interpret data and communication findings and recommend course of action to management
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as contribute as a team player
* Must be able to perform under pressure, multitask, prioritize and show appropriate sense of urgency
* Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills with management, peers and stakeholders
* Experience developing initial product vision and initial investment themes
* Good judgment and the ability to make timely decisions based on data and the best interest of the business and the customer
* Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to support multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines
* BA/BS in Information Technology, a related field (business, management, finance mathematics, computer science) or equivalent work experience
* Working experience with agile projects, best practices, and release planning a major plus
* Experience with tools and techniques to drive ideation and transform ideas into an actual product roadmap with MVP a plus
* Experience creating and maintaining project documentation such as requirements and view specifications
* Experience working effectively with a variety of business partners and other IT teams throughout the organization
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.