A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
The Service Insights Analytics team is seeking an experienced insights analyst that has a passion for working with large datasets. This role will help support return on investment driven projects by providing the Service organization with actionable insights. The Senior Analyst will lead efforts to translate data into actionable insights that can be leveraged to achieve desired business outcomes. The position requires dynamic thinkers that can provide thoughtful and creative recommendations to business stakeholders. The Senior Associate will be expected to lead projects from start to finish and have the technical ability to efficiently query and transform datasets to be leveraged in analyses. Responsibilities:
- Leverage SQL/Hive/Python/PySpark/R to extract necessary data and utilize Tableau/Excel/PowerPoint to analyze the results
- Communicate findings effectively and translate them into recommended actions appropriate for each area of the business
- Collaborate with data infrastructure team to understand the data intricacies and bring to life new automated, user-friendly tools
- Handle multiple ad hoc requests simultaneously
- Design, build, and automate dashboards dashboard for tracking performance of recommendations and campaigns
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand the business and develop data driven insights that are both strategic and operational
- Formulate insights, championing them and driving them into action
- Bachelor's degree from elite university preferred
- High school diploma, or GED from an accredited school required
- 3+ years relevant professional experience in an analytical role
- Expertise with SQL (Hadoop/Hive/Oracle)
- Experience with Python or R
- Experience Tableau
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - written, visual, and verbal
- Excellent analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- A collaborative mindset and sense of curiosity is essential
- Experience with speech analytics platforms (CallMiner, Verint, Nice, Clarabridge)
#LI-LS1 Please note : This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.