New York Life Insurance Company (-New York Life- or -the company-) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. -As of year-end 2016, New York Life-s surplus was $23.336 billion**.- New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody-s Aaa; Standard & Poor-s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company-s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The primary purpose of this role is to develop and maintain accurate and timely reports that provide Underwriting leaders with the information needed to evaluate and improve business performance, and develops workforce projections. Also acts as Security Liaison.
Data collection, reporting and analysis to assist Underwriting leadership in analysis of Underwriting activities and support of NYL Direct Strategy. Responsible for maintaining and optimizing existing management reports; creating and executing recurring and ad hoc reports; analyzing reports to ensure accuracy and high level of value added; optimizes and automates recurring reports; participates in process improvement and cost reduction projects. Develops workforce projections that are tied to Marketing's operating plan. Creates and executes reports supporting Quality Control activities. As Security Liaison, manage employee hiring, transfer and termination processes, as well as access reporting signoffs for the Underwriting department.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 – 5 years related experience required
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills, as well as strong database/reporting skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of Underwriting processes and ability to report results for all steps in the process.
- Must have strong knowledge of the reporting databases, their primary keys, and the criteria needed to report the correct answers.
- Needs strong Showcase, Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Visio.
- Familiarity with SQL and Access is a plus.
- Ability to understand, in detail, most of the processes that impact Underwriting results.
- Ability to learn and document processes at in depth level to support identification of issues or solutions.
- Ability to investigate situations, identify and implement solutions, and communicate an easily understood summary of the situation.
- Ability to independently gather end user requirements, formulate solutions, and implement them.
- Needs to understand customer needs, and translate them into appropriate, informative reports.
- Must have the ability to investigate complex problems and identify solutions.
- Must be able to troubleshoot Excel issues (formulas, calculations, look-ups, etc).
- Ability to independently decide on approaches to satisfy end-user requests, typically in the form of reports or analyses.
- Ability to decide best approaches to tackle business problems.
- Must be able to manage high volume workload with minimal supervision, and make near-term prioritization decisions to meet customer demands.
- Ability to explain processes, especially when there are issues or questions as to the accuracy of data.
- Must be able to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing, ensuring that senior level management can understand, in simple terms, relatively technical issues / systems / processes.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by -Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),- Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016.- See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ -for methodology. ** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company-s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company-s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
Wed, 19 09 2018 00:00:00 GMT Department: