Company OverviewEnvision joining a company where you....
- Collaborate with a group of amazing co-workers dedicated to helping the life sciences industry better understand the mechanisms of cell function and disease
- Will be part of an international team whose contributions will have a major impact on the entire field of biomedical research
- Continue your path to professional growth and development
We are looking for a highly motivated and talented engineer with experience in laboratory automation to assist in CST's vision to scale its antibody discovery and validation process. As a part of the Automation team, you will have the opportunity to work with an amazing group of scientists to optimize process efficiency, throughput, robustness and quality. You will be responsible for instrument maintenance, hardware repair, periodic instrument performance validation. This cross-functional, team-oriented position requires strong communication skills and the ability to interface with scientist and other stakeholders.You'll have the opportunity to....
What you bring to the team....
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of scientist to create process diagrams, system requirements, technical specifications and engineering drawings
- Provide hands-on training to end-users across an array of various liquid handling platforms
- Perform preventative maintenance, repair and troubleshoot automated systems
- Author, execute and document test plans and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for automated workflows
- Coordinate with different cross functional team members and execute projects in a timely manner
- Monitor and evaluate new and emerging technologies in laboratory automation systems
- Work closely with scientist to develop, implement and support automated workflows
- Validate and QC automation protocols
What we offer....
- BS or MS in biology engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 4 year's experience working in laboratory automation
- Experience in both writing and optimizing scripts on automated liquid handling platforms (e.g., Hamilton, Tecan, Beckman, etc.,)
- Extremely process-oriented mindset, with acute attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills
- Preferred, but not required:
- Hamilton programming experience
- Capability of working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Past experience in a high throughput screening environment
- Knowledge of standard molecular biology techniques, such as nucleic acid isolation, purification, NGS, cell culture and imaging
At Cell Signaling Technology we recognize that people will always be our most important asset. Providing a safe, inclusive and stimulating working environment that understands the importance of diversity, human dignity and meaningful work is as important as establishing company policies that incorporate excellent health insurance and pay benefits. We recognize that development of people is the key to their happiness and thus ensure every employee has impactful discussions with their manager and develops actionable performance and professional development plans. Lastly, we are committed to engaging and supporting our employees in committees and philanthropy that benefit their local communities and environment through community investment programs.Benefits
- Medical (BCBS) and Dental (Delta Dental) plans paid at 90%
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending accounts
- 401(k) Plan with 6% match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous PTO package
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Onsite Subsidized Cafeteria
- Free Parking
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. (CST) is a private, family owned, global leader in the development and commercialization of antibodies, assays and research tools. As a company of scientists for scientists, we have developed XMT® technology, a proprietary method to develop exceptional monoclonal antibodies, PTMScan®, a technology to discover protein post-translational modifications, and PhosphoSitePlus®, an online resource for investigation of post-translational modifications. We are passionate about our role in contributing to the life science industry's advancing of the human condition through accelerating the discovery and development of innovative therapies for human disease. We are fully committed to developing new research tools to help define the mechanisms underlying cell function and disease, thereby broadly accelerating progress in biomedical research and medicine.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees, their families, our communities, partners and customers. In order to promote that safety and well-being, we require that all US-based employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated, or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief, may make a request for exemption. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodations consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company.
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or as a member of the military or status in any group protected by applicable federal or state laws. AGENCIES
All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of CST, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by CST for this position and a valid agreement with CST is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the CST agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.