At Altais, we're looking for bold and curious innovators who share our passion for enabling better health care experiences and revolutionizing the healthcare system for physicians, patients, and the clinical community. Doctors today are faced with the reality of spending more time on administrative tasks than caring for patients. Physician burnout and fatigue are an epidemic, and the healthcare experience and quality suffer as a result. At Altais, we're building breakthrough clinical support tools, technology, and services to let doctors do what they do best: care for people. Come join us as an early member of our passionate and growing team as we change the game for the future of healthcare and enable the experience that people need and deserve.Description
As a Principal Automation Test Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the healthcare space. You will play a big role in developing test automation strategies and implementing the same. You will maintain test system configurations and perform test executions while writing test scripts for complex integrated systems. You will design and implement test automation tooling that will be built from the ground up to your exact specifications.
This position is located in our San Francisco Montgomery Street location and will move to our brand-new Oakland City Center location in Summer 2020.About the Work:
As a Principal Automation Test Engineer, you have the ability to seamlessly interweave compliance controls and security frameworks into the fabric of our Infrastructure. This includes:
- Automate everything! Assess the current state of functional (integration, system, smoke) and non-functional (performance, load, stress volume) test suites and make recommendations for enhancements.
- Analyze product requirements with members of the project/product delivery team and devise testing strategies; utilize a risk-based and automated testing approach in all phases of SDLC.
Qualifications The Skills, Experience & Education You Bring:
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience, Master's Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer.
- 5+ years of software QA testing experience with black and grey box functional testing.
- 3+ years of public cloud experience (AWS).
- Experience in test planning and building automated test strategy.
- Experience in using test frameworks in a CI/CD environment - Jenkins, GitLab.
- Reproduce, isolate, and debug issues, providing detailed bug reports.
- Participate in the bug triage process.
- Familiarity with product development lifecycles and highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product development cycles.
- Strong understanding of web-development technologies, writing SQL queries, HTML, CSS, JS, HTTP protocol; debugging tools like Postman and code profiling tools like jProfiler.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Exposure to healthcare/clinical applications, understanding of HIPAA mandates is an added plus.
- Experience in one or more monitoring systems: Prometheus, Datadog, or Sumologic.
- At a minimum must have or have the ability to pass and maintain AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate - Specialty within 12 months of employment.
You Share our Mission & Values:
- Prior experience in the Healthcare Industry.
- You are passionate about improving the healthcare experience and want to be part of the Altais mission.
- You are bold and curious- willing to take risks, try new things and be creative.
- You take pride in your work and are accountable for the quality of everything you do, holding yourself and others to a high standard.
- You are compassionate and are known as someone who demonstrates emotional intelligence, considers others when making decisions and always tries to do the right thing.
- You co-create, knowing that we can be better as a team than individuals. You work well with others, collaborating and valuing diversity of thought and perspective.
- You build trust with your colleagues and customers by demonstrating that you are someone who values honesty and transparency.
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
Altais is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blue Shield of California. Candidates hired to work for Altais, Altais Health, and Altais Clinical Services will be employed by California Physicians' Services dba Blue Shield of California. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws