Description JOB DESCRIPTION:
We are looking for a creative and self-motivated software engineer to take a central role in developing and maintaining our cutting-edge compute infrastructure for evaluation of emerging technologies like AI and facial recognition.
The successful candidate will join the multidisciplinary team of the Identity and Data Sciences Laboratory (IDSL), a technology evaluation group within SAIC. The IDSL combines the dynamic environment of a startup with the stability and work-life balance of a large government contractor.
The IDSL staffs the Maryland Test Facility (MdTF; http://mdtf.org ) where we carry out large scale testing of emerging technologies. The candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team composed of software engineers, data scientists, behavioral scientists and integration engineers. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Maintain and update a flexible data collection backend to meet changing requirements.
- Write and implement new backend services.
- Interface daily with data scientists, test engineers, and front end developers
- Elicit requirements for a backend biometric collection system and analytic frameworks.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Required BS and 5+ years -OR-
- MS and 3+ years of hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Building Microservices (e.g. in Golang, python, or Java)
- Containers (e.g. Docker/Rkt)
- Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes/Marathon/Rancher/ECS)
- Monitoring (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana)
- Databases (e.g. MySQL, MemSQL, BigQuery)
- CI/CD Tooling (e.g. Jenkins/Travis/Bamboo)
- Automation Tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Leveraging cloud environments (e.g. AWS or GCP)
- Thrives on being on the critical path and able to work independently.
- Able to think critically to solve business challenges with technology, and can clearly explain and document technical advantages of solution.
- Prioritizes code simplicity/maintainability.
- Comfortable working within a diverse team including test engineers, data scientists. Willing to iterate with end users of system to adapt system requirements to changing needs.
- Experience working in a research environment.
- Experience with statistics/data analytics to be able to provide data scientists organized data.
- Experience deploying and managing open source tools.
- Familiarity with task tracking tools such as JIRA.
My SAIC Benefits.