Senior Java Developer (a lot of back-end work)
12 months Temp to Perm
Location, Washington, DC 20002
After initial few months - developer may work from home 2 days a week.
Senior Java Developer Responsibilities:
This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience, and more than 7 years professional software development experience in object-oriented language, including minimum of 7 years experience with Java. Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
A lot of back end development. You will need Strong Java, J2EE development experience, Java best practices and design patterns.
You will be given a project and will need to take the Lead with a small team (1 or 2 more Junior developers) to get it done with Java, Spring Batch / Spring Integration.
Experience with microservices, and AWS cloud
Object oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques with emphasis on Java technology.
Solid Oracle RDBMS skills or another RDBMS.
Proficiency with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
Experience working in Spring Framework. Expertise in XML Technologies XML, XSD, Xml Schema and worked on parsers like SAX and DOM.
Knowledge of JAXB or similar preferred
Understanding of JSON
Test Driven Development - Cucumber
Ability to write automated unit tests.
Experience with source control management.
Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Perform full life-cycle activities in support of FEP Bridge Tenant Plan onboarding projects which will include:
1. Work with enterprise architect to provide system architecture design documentation
2. Drive the detailed technical design
3. Assistant project and development managers to define the scope & develop plan for the project deliverables
4. Lead the development team to execute the development plan
5. Accountable for specific development tasks
6. Accountable for meeting the milestones set for the project
7. Conduct code reviews, unit testing and integration testing
8. Document system design, development and Unit testing, and transfer