Kforce has a client that is seeking a Senior Back End Engineer in Austin, TX.
As a Senior Back-end Software Engineer, you will build high-quality software delivering feature sets that delight customers while driving the architecture of one or more Subsystems towards our aspirational goal of everything 'well-crafted'. A great candidate can deliver real customer value while pursuing 'high marks' on these Architecture Quality Attributes: Availability, Scalability, Interoperability, Modifiability, Performance, Security, Testability.
* Senior Back End Engineer will be part of an autonomous, cross-functional team designing, building, and operating strategic, user-focused feature sets
* Creating services that enable users to build complex search queries that remain responsive while spanning terabytes of data
* Building containerized web application services in Python that empower users to work on large data sets in a responsive manner
* Possess 7+ years of back-end development experience for large scale web applications
* Be able to design and communicate external and internal architectural perspectives of well-encapsulated systems (e.g., Service Oriented Architecture, Docker-based Services, micro-services)
* Prior experience with building and operating distributed web application systems while embracing the discipline of Site Reliability Engineering
* Strong skills in API and Data Model Design and Implementation including how to scale out, make highly available, and map to storage systems
* Ability to design and implement a layered application architecture that can be easily changed to accommodate evolving business requirements
Even Better If:
* You have an understanding of how to design and develop from a Security Perspective
* You have experience designing and operating software in a Cloud Provider such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
* You have experience with some amount of cloud-based data storage technologies such as; Relational Databases, NoSql Stores, data caches, etc.
* You have used Feature or Release Toggles as a code branching strategy
* You have experience selecting and extending 3rd party components (commercial or open-source) that provide operational leverage
* You have experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) with an emphasis on a well-maintained testing pyramid
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.