Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Java Developer in Rockville, Maryland (MD). The main function of a Java Developer is to design, develop, and implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
* Analyze highly complex business requirements; Generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
* Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
* Leverage industry Java best practices to design, test, implement and support a multi-tier origination Java solution
* Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
* Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
* Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required
* 8+ years of experience required
* Java/J2EE development experience
* Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale, Java/J2EE projects from end-to-end
* Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
* Extensive knowledge and application of Java best practices along with experience with application servers and database servers
* Experience in implementing design patterns and ability to adapt to changing patterns quickly
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.