Senior Back End Java Engineer
Seeking a senior-level Java software engineer with a back-end focus to help build our energy sector SaaS client's ML-powered insights and analytics platform! This senior -level role is a growth position on an experienced team, so it is critical that you have substantial experience building and supporting production-ready SaaS products. This is a small, highly collaborative company, so strong communication and teamwork skills are important as well!
This is a direct-hire opportunity with benefits; target salary is commensurate with experience, up to $170,000. The ideal candidate will either work regularly onsite at the HQ in central Austin, or balance a hybrid remote-onsite schedule. However, the right "local- ish " candidate who is close enough to come in somewhat regularly for team meetings may also be considered. No relocation assistance, sponsorship, or subcontracting arrangements are available. Requirements of the Senior Back End Java Engineer:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience programming Java in a production environment , preferably SaaS
- Strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Comfortable with Linux systems and command-line interfaces (e.g., bash)
- Cloud infrastructure experience, preferably AWS
- Extensive experience using containers
- Experience designing and interacting with RESTful services is a plus
- Experience with AWS orchestration (step functions, batch, lambda, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with Python and the PyData stack is a plus
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
Contact Lindsay Allan at email@example.com regarding this posting. A Word resume is preferred when applying.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase... it is not about what you know, it is who you know?
At HireNetworks , it really is all about who we know.
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you're looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand...let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer. Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant or hazardous working conditions. Must have an ability to sit for long periods throughout the day. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. The incumbent must be able to perform work at a computer terminal for 6 to 8 hours a day, function in an environment with consistent interruptions, and in rare circumstances, lift 20 lbs. The work may be stressful at times and demand the ability to hit the key deliverables for the role.