November 11, 2021
Senior Backend Software Engineer - .NET / C++
Job Description Job Title
: Senior Big Data Software Engineer Location
: Remote - (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this role will be Remote until further notice. -About This Role
The Collections Software Engineering team in Amsterdam are looking for an experienced new member to develop our cloud-hosted data collection solutions and Big Data processing pipeline. Comscore collects OVER 50 billion records per day, which requires a motivated worldwide team troubleshooting, optimising and tweaking their process.What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Work on our data collection solutions, which encompasses our data storage and processing systems with cutting edge data processing tools and the latest AWS services
- Work directly on code that handles the receiving and processing of data as well as working closely with DevOps teams to build out and maintain infrastructure in AWS
- Enhance data processing pipelines that handles 100+ trillion requests per month
- Create monitoring and automation workflows including full Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Continue to research new technologies to improve data processing end-to-end
- Work with high-profile customers to solve problematic use cases as they implement our data collection solutions into their apps and web sites
What Would Be A Great To Have:
- Experience with developing software in C++, .NET and Java
- A very good command of the English language
- A good understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, software engineering principles (topics like memory management, threading and software performance)
- 3-5 years of experience with coding and working with large data sets
- A good understanding of the inner workings of web technologies (including but not limited security, cookies, local storage, and web services)
- You enjoy working as a member of a team and consider feedback a learning opportunity
- You are open to learning new languages, platforms, and technologies
- Experience with data collection, audience and / or market research
- Keep learning: The possibility to surround yourself with exceptionally talented individuals, widely regarded as leaders in the digital space. Collaborate with talented people, get trained and challenge yourself every day. There's an endless array of events, classes; and development opportunities to help all employees achieve goals.
- Be creative: You don't have to follow the norm to be successful - we encourage you to think outside the box. Our culture is built on encouraging innovative ideas, communication and joint success.
- Informal Work Atmosphere: We believe in getting the job done in a comfortable, casual environment!
- The ability to become a truly global engineer, with exposure to markets across the world. With more than 30 offices around the world, many Comscore teams work together across locations.
- Possibility to attend conferences, seminars and other industry events
- Access to the latest tech gadgets and technologies as a part of your job
- Dutch collective Pension Plan, with a possibility to include your family
- Possibility to participate in collective health insurance plan, for you and your family
- Full compensation for your commute to work by public transportation
- For Expats: Support in your relocation to the Netherlands. We'll apply for a visa/work permit and accommodate you in a hotel during your first month of employment to ensure a good start. Plus, Comscore works with the 30% Reimbursement Ruling
- A flexible Company fitness plan with plenty of options to choose from
- We like to have fun! Join us for fun company events and get-togethers.
- 25 vacation days
- Competitive salary & benefits
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit comscore.com.