CGI's Cigna Healthcare team is seeking a few Senior Data Analysts to join our On Shore IT Services Delivery team in Lafayette, LA.
We are looking for a team player with excellent analytical and technical skills and insatiable curiosity about data to support our Data Quality and Data Management efforts in the Big Data space.
Data Analyst for Big Data will be responsible for
• Analyzing/measuring the quality of data ingested into Data Lake and other authoritative data sources
• Reporting on findings using Tableau, Looker or even simple excel reporting
• Proposing improvements to processes and systems that will enhance quality
• Performing Data Classification
• Having a background with Information Security will help in the role
• Technical background (with Python, Hadoop, SQL, Unix) is a big plus
MUST be well spoken and comfortable in presenting to managers and team members alike.
MUST have participated in Agile project execution.
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Comfortable manipulating, transforming, and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
• Execute quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights. Provide analytical and data-driven decision-making support for key projects.
• Results oriented with the ability to work independently and self-manage.
• Use statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business reports
• Work with management team to create a prioritized list of needs for each business segment
• Identify and recommend new ways to save money by streamlining business processes
• Maintains communication with management and customers regarding status of software development and problems.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
• Minimum 8 years’ experience working with health care data, from both a technical (IT) and non-technical perspective
• Data analysis skills: ability to identify patterns in data, read a data model, read code, do trend analysis, and formulate and test data rules
• Experience in using tools like Tableau for creating dashboards, reports and data exploration (strongly preferred)
• Experience automating analysis using analytics packages in languages like R or Python
• Experience with big data tools, HADOOP environment
• Reporting experience
• Ability to communicate highly technical issues, approaches, etc to functional/management and offer solutions to business problems
5+ Years of Experience
3+ Years of Experience
3+ Years of Experience
3+ Years of Experience
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Knowledge of Python language
• Good analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of software
• Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
• Good communication skills to interact with team members and senior management
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
We understand that success in the IT services business is contingent on retaining and attracting the best talent - talent like you. At CGI, our team of professionals is dedicated and driven to help our clients succeed.
At our Lafayette Center, we are looking for experienced professionals and graduating students interested in IT careers, focusing on those with demonstrated experience in IT and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills.
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream: "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of." This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success.
In fact, we strive to create an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart -