Our client, a leader in digital media and advertising, enables the world's top marketers and media brands to reach consumers across desktop, mobile and TV through premium experiences, programmatic buying and performance-driven campaigns. It is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their brands online. They are enabling the world's top marketers and media brands to reach consumers across desktop, mobile, tablet, and TVs with impact through premium experiences, programmatic buying and performance driven campaigns. It is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their brands online.
The Software Engineer performs creating the design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications. Assignments include development of new programs and sub-programs, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. Duties include designing applications, writing code, developing and testing and debugging and documenting work and results.
· Exercise good technical expertise and strong business skills, and lead the team in delivering data warehouse solutions.
· Warehouse Design - Work with the Tech Leads and Architects to understand and implement a solid, extensible warehouse design that supports the new analytics requirements.
· Participate in gathering business requirements, analysis of source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data model, and develop metadata for the Data Warehouse/Analytical Reporting.
· Prepare Technical Design / Specifications; develop routines for data extraction and loading.
· Analyze and determine the impact of technology capabilities and limitations, translate high level design to detailed design specifications, develop, test and deploy code/application in various environments.
· Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts.
· Perform effort estimation for various Data Warehouse activities; meet project deliverables as per requirements, on time within budgets.
· Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines.
· This is a highly technical role requiring critical thinking, hands on development, problem solving and attention to detail from analysis through implementation and post-production QA/oncall.
Essential skills (must have):
· A Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science is required with a minimum of 5 years of related recent industry experience.
· Hands-on experience with “Big Data” Technologies (Hadoop, MR, Hive, HBase, Pig) Advanced Java, ETL tools
· Experience with data analysis, validation and SQL Database technologies (Ex: Oracle, Netezza, MySQL)
· Experience of working with large scale databases
· Knowledge and experience of Unix (Linux) Platforms
· Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
Desirable skills (nice to have/optional):
· Open Source and Commercial off the Shelf ETL Tools (Ex: Kettle)
· Knowledge of NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB)
· Knowledge of columnar databases
· Hands on experience with data-intensive distributed applications.
· Knowledge of tuning and scaling in a Data warehouse environment is highly desired.
· Knowledge of development lifecycle process/Agile development
· Knowledge of Quality Assurance (QA) practices and programs
ConsultNet has been providing Leading American and European firms with top-notch IT talent since 1996. In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants with some 300 clients. We create opportunities for consultants and solutions for clients- We integrate talent and technology.
ConsultNet offers IT professional services to startup, mid-market, and Fortune 1000 companies in North America. We specialize in providing thoughtful and effective solutions for our clients and rewarding opportunities for our consultants. We're a principled talent acquisition and consulting firm that combines professional integrity with technical and industry expertise. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work.
8200 Greensboro Dr, Suite 300 McLean, VA, 22102