Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: Long term Contract
The Key areas are:
- Realtime Data Processing using one or more Bigdata technologies like Apache Storm, Kafka, Flink or similar.
- Strong hands-on coding experience in Java and Python.
- Experience in architecting/designing for new problems in this space as well as Database design.
Client is looking for senior-level data engineers that are problem solvers looking for a fast-paced and flexible environment to build cool things with a fun team. We have a design for scaling out our infrastructure and need a dedicated and knowledgeable engineer to build, troubleshoot, and optimize on current and future iterations of the client Platform s infrastructure from ETL to analytics, reporting, and data science.
- Work with department and team leads to expand our architecture s scalability
- Build POCs for ETL and other high-bandwidth services to help discover problems early
- Help design, instantiate, and maintain data storage setups for analytics and data science
- Troubleshoot all parts of the data pipelines as necessary
- Interact with Product and Client teams to better understand the market and what roles our technology plays in it
- Enjoys solving complicated technical puzzles/issues
- Effective verbal and written technical communication
- 5+ years as a software developer working on movement and storage of large data sets
- Previous work with frameworks/tools such as AWS Kinesis, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Apache Flink
- Previous experience programming in Java or Python for data engineering applications
- Previous work with Redshift, Elasticsearch, and AWS Data pipeline a plus
- Willingness to learn and try new things