Kforce is working with a top hospital and healthcare firm located in New Jersey, NJ that is in search of a Remote Senior Bioinformatics Staff Scientist. This role is 100% remote. This firm offers an exciting and fast-moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people. As a Senior Bioinformatics Staff Scientist, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
* The Senior Bioinformatics Staff Scientist will build, test, adapt, support, and validate clinical-grade genomics pipelines for our production systems
* Consult on process and technology improvements
* Participate in resolving support requests for NGS analysis pipelines
* The Senior Bioinformatics Staff Scientist will provide technical leadership in devising bioinformatics approaches to meet project objectives and major organizational initiatives
* Requires knowledge and skills normally acquired through the successful completion of an advanced degree (M.S./Ph.D.) in Computational Biology, Computer Science, or related scientific discipline
* Requires 6+ years of relevant experience in an academic or industrial environment with a distinguished record in either an academic or industrial setting, as demonstrated though publications, patents, or technologies or products developed
* Experience in using AWS Services to develop NGS analyses
* Proficiency in commonly used command-line NGS tools (BWA, SAMTools, Bowtie2, Picard, PINDEL, GATK, etc.)
* Experienced in developing containerized workflows for genomic data analysis
* Familiar with writing Nextflow workflows
* Demonstrated ability to innovate
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.