Build and release engineers work on a variety of software development and deployment projects, ensuring that each version and release is thoroughly tested for performance and reliability. This is a programming-intensive job, requiring extensive familiarity with scripting languages along with adherence to best practices for version control and bug tracking.
Most build and release engineers work on teams of developers and project managers, where they are responsible for several elements of the final software product. Increasingly, software companies are using continuous delivery principles to make constant improvements to their products, so build and release engineers conduct and direct ongoing development work.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU Required:
- Work closely with the Application Development, DevOps, and SRE team on to ensure high-quality application deployments.
- Troubleshoots for production issues with a goal toward a minimal mean time to resolution and prevention of issues.
- Develops Release processes and works with the organization to achieve CI/CD.
- Participates in go/no-go decisions for releases.
- Understands the content of our software releases and how it impacts our business.
- Develops metrics and measurements for our Release processes, and leads and manages projects for continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in application development or application support
- ITIL, Software development lifecycle methodology experience
- Extensive experience with GIT and manage version control
- Develop and deploy software
- Resolve software issues with bug fixes and troubleshooting
- Experience with delivering software/deployments
- BI/metrics analysis experience
- Basic understanding of relational databases and ability to query and modify data with SQL
- Client service experience
- Good communication skills
- On-site attendance Monday-Friday
THE PLACE & THE PERKS
- Experience in troubleshooting web application environment
- Experience working with third party vendors
Ready to join thousands of talented team members who are making the dream of home ownership possible for more Americans? It's all happening on UWM's campus, where our award-winning workplace packs plenty of perks and amenities that keep the atmosphere buzzing with energy and excitement.
It's no wonder that out of our six pillars, People Are Our Greatest Asset is number one. It's at the very heart of how we treat each other, our clients and our community. Whether it's providing elite client service or continuously striving to improve, our pillars provide a pathway to a more successful personal and professional life.
From the team member that holds a door open to the one that helps guide your career, you'll feel the encouragement and support on day one. No matter your race, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation and ethnicity, you'll be welcomed here. Accepted here. And empowered to Be You Here.
More reasons you'll love working here include:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after just 30 days
- Additional parental and maternity leave benefits after 12 months
- Adoption reimbursement program
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid training and career development
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Mortgage discount and area business discounts
- Free membership to our large, state-of-the-art fitness center, including exercise classes such as yoga and Zumba, various sports leagues and a full-size basketball court
- Wellness area, including an in-house primary-care physician's office, full-time massage therapist and hair salon
- Gourmet cafeteria featuring homemade breakfast and lunch
- Convenience store featuring healthy grab-and-go snacks
- In-house Starbucks and Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company
- Indoor/outdoor caf with Wi-Fi
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation and change. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Team members may be required to perform other or different job-related duties as requested by their team lead, subject to reasonable accommodation. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Employment with UWM is "at-will." UWM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this job online
Refer this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect with UWM!
Not sure what to apply for? Connect with us to speak with a recruiter and explore opportunities!