FEI is a leading IT company specializing in Federal and Local Government data system solutions. For the past decade we have maintained a leading position in providing programming and consulting services in our primary areas of expertise- Behavioral Health Data Systems, and Clinical Trials Software Solutions for institutional systems of care.
At FEI Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEI is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEI is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEI team may be right for you.
Job Summary: As a Senior Business Analyst/Product Owner, you will solicit, understand, and document the customer's business requirements, processes and workflows. You will also work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the QA team to test the developed functionality. This role works closely with other BAs, Developers, Testers, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and also demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders.
* Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff.
* Be responsible for direct interaction with clients including, but not limited to, eliciting comprehensive business requirements and use cases and recommending appropriate solutions.
* Gather requirements and help build and document specifications for development.
* Update and maintain Requirements Traceability Matrix.
* Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Architects and Developers to estimate project impact.
* Work with Development, QA, and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes.
* Work with the clients to demonstrate the changes to the system to ensure all relevant business needs are addressed.
* Develop training materials and provide training in one-on-one or classroom environment.
* Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Must have experience working with Medicare/Medicaid projects and their workflows.
* Must have experience working directly with CMMS customers and knowledge of their processes.
* Must have experience in analysis on old legacy system migrating to a new system.
* As a member of the extended Product Management team, the PO is heavily involved in program backlog refinement and prep for PI planning and also plays a significant role in the planning event itself.
* The PO has the primary responsibility for building, editing and maintaining the team backlog. Backlog items are prioritized based on user value, time, and other team dependencies determined in the PI planning meeting and refined during the PI.
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software in the Health industry AND;
* 5-8 or more years of experience as an Analyst.
* Strong Microsoft Visio skills.
* Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, techniques, and workflows.
* Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements.
* Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment.
* Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Excellent written and verbal communications.
* Strong consultative and advisory skills.
Primary Location: Columbia MD, possibility of occasional travel
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEI Systems participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement. FEI Systems creates an Affirmative Action Plan on an annual basis. Pursuant to federal law, the portions of FEI Systems' Affirmative Action Program that relate to Section 503 (Persons with Disabilities) and/or Section 4212 (Protected Veterans), are available for inspection upon request by applicants and employees during FEI Systems' normal business hours.
9755 Patuxent Woods Drive, Suite 300 Columbia, MD, 21046