Curriculum Associates is seeking a highly-qualified Senior Business Analyst to serve as a member of the Business Systems team within the Information Technology department. The Senior Business Analyst will act as an intermediary between the business partners and the IT team, and responsible for collecting, clarifying, and documenting business requirements. The Senior Business Analyst will also act as an active thought partner and ERP application visionary who shapes business demand for technology. Our organization is currently in a transformational phase due to our growth and changing industry; therefore, candidates with experience guiding organizations through this process are highly desired!
Why join this team:
You’ll have Tier 1 application exposure and get involved with an ongoing implementation that is transforming our business over a multi-phase, multi-year project.
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll work with business partners in a matrix environment to elicit and capture business needs; understand the customer journey and define detailed user requirements to enhance the design and development of our Workday and Rootstock platforms.
- You’ll engage with business partners and influence project decisions; assess the risks of various solutions and prioritize competing business demands.
- You’ll act as an intermediary between business and IT by using a deep understanding of business processes and technology to help business partners achieve their desired outcomes.
- In collaboration with the IT project management team, you’ll prioritize changes and define project scope.
- You’ll facilitate requirements gathering sessions and document current and future state processes by creating functional specification documents, process flows, etc.
- You’ll support QA efforts through building testing plans, scenarios, and scripts; you’ll actively participate in unit and system tests while coordinates user acceptance testing.
- You’ll develop the governance process and change control management by using best practices for prioritization, requirements gathering, QA, UAT and end user training.
- You’ll assist and coordinate the data preparation as required for QA and UAT process.
- You’ll assist the project manager by identifying project milestones, tasks, issues, risks and providing regular project status reports.
- You’ll develop training materials and provide training to end users.
Who we’re looking for:
- 8-10 years of business and system analysis experience
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Workday or similar cloud ERP products in a complex organization.
- Functional knowledge of ERP core business processes (e.g. order management, distribution/fulfillment, invoicing, customers, procurement, inventory, HR, financial reporting, etc.) preferably in the Education technology industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of both traditional Waterfall and Agile/Lean methodologies.
- Experience in converting business requirements and functional requirements to use cases.
- Demonstrated ability to quantify resource requirements and measure and communicate proposed project benefits.
- Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes.
- Must be available to occasionally work off-hours to support project activities and deployments.
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Experience in the education technology industry
More about this role:
Location: The role reports to our Concord Road, Billerica office. We offer round-trip shuttle service from Back Bay, Kenmore, Union Square, and Alewife MBTA stations.
Perks: Remote flexibility is an option 1 day per week as on-site needs permit.
Starting date: ASAP
Compensation & benefits: Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.