Description Job Description:
We are currently seeking qualified applicants to provide senior-level Business Analyst services
related to transmission line, substation and distribution line construction projects within our client facilities in the Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Arkansas regions.
Note - this work is contingent upon contract award, expected in late summer/early fall 2021.
At Leidos, we take care of our employees. We seek the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world's toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
As a Business Analyst within Leidos' Power Delivery Services organization, you will work alongside project managers, construction managers and lead engineers for various clients supported by the Power Delivery Services (PDS) division, supporting Transmission & Distribution electric utility projects. The position will be client facing and responsible for creating, maintaining and driving resource and cost loaded schedules using Primavera P6 Scheduling Software.You will also:
- Work with Project Management using earned value management techniques to ensure that schedule and costs are aligned, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
- Provide analysis of project schedule data to identify key project issues
- Verify progress and reviews performance trends
- Investigate causes of variances between planned and earned/actual progress and document discoveries
- Identify, analyze and document project schedule variances and conclude on possible impacts
- Lead/Assist in the development and maintenance of Issue and Risk register
- Identifies the need and drives the development and implementation for new and significant improvements to major processes.
- Develops a thorough understanding of business processes, best practices, and available supporting technology and documentation.
- Provide analysis of cost variances between budget, actual costs, and support development of cost forecasts
- Develop and produce schedule weekly/monthly project control reports for client and internal management review: which includes resource loading analysis and schedules, critical path items and risk analysis
- Interfacing directly with the client and internal management to report progress, schedule and risks across a portfolio of electrical distribution projects
- Works and collaborates closely with key stakeholders to document the key business goals and objectives for a new or existing process.
- Assist the project manager with the creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
- Collaborates with the engineering teams to produce any required documentation or communications that may be necessary in support of the project including project status, project roadmap, release plan, etc.
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelors in Engineering or Business Administration or other related field with 12+ years of relevant experience or MBA with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- PMP Certification is desired.
- Must have superior interpersonal, leadership, communication, organizational, and presentation skills
- Experience in Project Management and/or Project Controls and/or Financial Analysis
- Experience using applications such as Primavera schedule management software, Power Plan property accounting software, Asset Suite/Materials Tracker/ Materials Dashboard procurement software, and/or Cognos accounting applications
- Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects within transmission or distribution design
- Must have the capability for planning, organizing, directing and tracking technical efforts on assigned tasks
- Should be capable of tracking cost and schedule status of assigned tasks
- Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions.