Apex Systems, LLC is immediately seeking a Senior Business Analyst
in support of a growing Government Integrator in Elkridge, MD. The qualified individual will be part of a collaborative and agile team that supports and builds modern, standards-based responsive web application for mission-critical health IT solutions. The right candidate will have strong experience in requirements gathering, user stories, epics, & themes; as well as meeting with Product Owners to validate and enhance those concepts.Location:
Elkridge, MD (Fully Remote w/ limited travel in) Duration:
Temp to Perm Compensation:
Competitive based on years of relevant experience & education Clearance:
Able to obtain & maintain a position of Public TrustResponsibilities:
- Conduct user research, draft user stories and meet with product owners to validate and enhance them.
- Coordinate and facilitate exchange meetings to determine needs of customers, as well as to determine the impact of changes
- Create wireframes for the user stories and review them with users and gather feedback
- Collaborate with Visual/UI designer and add/update stories based on user response
- Work with the scrum master, customers and developers to write user stories which are independent, negotiable, valuable, estimable, small and testable
- Documents workflows and processes based on requirements.
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements and Maintain Product Backlog
- Document and provide final technical review and validation of requirements
- Oversee requirements tracking process, assign requirements to the appropriate service provider, and communicate status to customers
- Support the collection and reporting of requirements related metrics
- Verify completion of requirements with customer and service providers, ensuring expectations are appropriately met
- Responsible for ensuring user stories include validation criteria which reasonably covers all areas necessary for complete testing of the new functionality
- Collaborate with and support developers during their design and development efforts to provide support for their analysis of the story
- Participate in sprint planning, sprint reviews, scrum meetings and other agile activities
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics
- Participate as a member of the development team to provide any clarifications.
- Improve and expand knowledge and skills sets with regards to current trends and be up to date with latest design trends
- Must have Bachelor's Degree & 5+ years' of relevant experience in Business Analysis & Requirements gathering, as it pertains to enterprise level applications & systems.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience on the technical aspects of applications development projects through the full agile system development life cycle.
- Must have past experience working projects/programs in the Federal Health or Enterprise Healthcare industry
- Must have in-depth experience working in an Agile Scrum or SAFe environments
- Proven experience writing business requirements and functional requirements on large enterprise-wide projects.
- Experience creating/documenting detailed user stories, epics, themes, and creating to-be process flow diagrams
- Proven experience working with both IT and Business users in the development of new process/functionality, to include facilitating business requirements sessions.
- Must have hands-on experience using management tools such as JIRA
- Experience using Visio, and the MS Office tools to include MS Project & Sharepoint.
- Experience working on CMS or CMMI application projects
- Experience in Human Centered Design approach for developing digital services
- Past experience working in AWS or Cloud environments
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and/or TestRail
- Able to perform the analysis as defined with specific Medicare laws, regulations, manuals, instructions and any additional information assigned by management
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or