The Association of American Medical Colleges is seeking a Sr. Business Analyst. As part of our team, the Senior Business Analyst will have the responsibilities of working with different product owners, businesses, and technical teams. Common activities include organizing and running working group meetings, produce and support a product backlog, and helping run scrum-based projects.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
* Work with product team and support Product Owner to discover and categorize high-level user stories for the development teams.
* Assist Product team to develop product backlog and organize sprint planning and review sessions.
* Assist with Product Backlog management and user story development and prioritization.
* Facilitate communication as needed between the Product team and the developers on the assigned Scrum Team.
* Organize and lead discovery discussions to ascertain business requirements.
* Participate in team discussions regarding new product implementations, project analysis, feature enhancements, deployment, and QA/troubleshooting.
* Analyze and translate functional and non-functional business requirements into project specifications.
* Develop and present business and system process flow diagrams to business to elicit feedback.
* Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to project schedules.
* Support technical writing and communications for a variety of stakeholders.
* Support documentation activities on new and legacy systems including creation of business and system diagrams and product documentation.
* Build client trust and respect, establish client relationships, and develop rapport with client. Follow through with commitments and foster mutual trust with all working groups.
* Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved/escalated in a timely manner.
* Understand how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects.
* Understand expectations that were set with client, recognize when issues/events may affect delivery, and communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
* Successfully resolve conflicts with team members/ business.
* Support the product team to achieve strategic goals by engaging and assisting as needed on other tasks.
* 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst.
* Knowledge of requirements gathering techniques.
* Must be detail oriented and have excellent analytical skills.
* Excellent communications and writing skills.
* Hands-on experience with Agile projects.
* Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast paced work environment.
* Experience using JIRA is a plus.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative-- Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process.
It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v.10 or higher.