ECFMG is seeking a Senior Business Analyst I in the Philadelphia, PA office. A self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, and responsible team player, the Senior Business Analyst I will capture and document the requirements that define the functionality needed by the enterprise to accomplish required business functions. Passionate about meeting the needs of the customer, the Senior Business Analyst I will interact with Management, software developers, customers and vendors to define project scope and facilitate the flow of information necessary to insure project success. The Application Development team utilizes the Agile/ Scrum methodology for software development. As such, the Senior Business Analyst I is expected to be knowledgeable in all facets of the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Strong level of customer focus.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to influence others.
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client's organization. Can manage client expectations effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required. Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among team members. Must possess strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to write and interpret reports, business correspondence, and/or procedure manuals.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
- Collaborative, flexible and open working style, with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility.
- Must be comfortable working in a highly dynamic environment and be flexible to change direction if required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Hands-on familiarity with ER diagrams, PL/SQL language, and tools such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project, Visio and SQL Navigator.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server to run projects is preferred.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Assess business requirements, analyze business events, and evaluate and document possible solutions.
- Assist the business in documenting process flows. Create and maintain workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements.
- Interface with vendor partners and design optimal solutions for integration with ECFMG systems and solutions.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner using the Footprints tracking system.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Suggest and communicate needed changes to development team.
- Work directly with and serve as the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Assist in quality assurance testing on an as-needed basis. Coordinate end-user support testing. Work closely with end-users to develop required test data. Work with QAs to validate test plans and assist in the execution of those plans by the AppDev and business teams as needed. Verify validity for accuracy of test results.
- Coordinate expectations and deliverables with inter/intra departmental customers as well as partner organizations and external vendors.
- Provide regular project status updates to key stakeholders.
- Ability to support deployment and pre and post testing schedules, many completed in the off-hours.
- Research and collaborate with other project teams tasked with identifying current and future business needs.
- Monitor business processes in order to determine potential process and system improvements and automation opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by IT management.
- At least six years experience as a Business Analyst. At least four years experience defining requirements, developing test plans and executing test scripts required.
- Comprehensive experience with all facets of SDLC - functional requirements definition, system design, development, testing, deployment, support.
- Direct experience in agile project management methodologies is require ; specifically, converting requirements into user stories and grooming/ managing the product backlog along with or on behalf of the product owner.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required. Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among team members. Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills.
- Experience working on complex projects and managing release schedules across multiple initiatives preferred.
- Prior knowledge of ECFMG business procedures preferred. Prior experience of quality assurance testing of custom-developed applications preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience, is required.
- Certified Scrum Master and Certified Scrum Product Owner certifications are required.