Boston, MA Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst
• Analyze processes and functionalities to identify areas of improvement, work collaboratively to identify potential solutions, and develop recommendations
• Plan and lead workshops, focus groups, and other collaborative efforts with MBTA staff, contractors, and vendors.
• Lead junior business analysts in reviewing and analyzing business processes, investigating potential risk and opportunities, and developing business requirements.
• Guide work prioritization for junior business analysts so that outcomes align with the program goals
• Build and maintain the Project Plans to track all Project work streams, activities, milestones, and associated dates.
• Collaborate with Project Controls Analyst to plan resources, cost, delivery schedule and asses risk for all tasks
• Work with diverse set of teams, including IT Directive and Customer Technology Department, to develop comprehensive strategies to test and validate technical functionalities and business needs
• Develop, update, and maintain program documentation, including but not limited to business requirements, process maps, and training materials
• Develop and execute training program for training new and existing end users of HASTUS and other operations tools, and support end users on troubleshooting
• Develop and execute both high-level and detailed analytics, including identification of existing data sets and development of new qualitative and quantitative data sets
• Develop dashboards that communicate complex data in an easy to digest manner, and work with multiple stakeholders to maintain and evolve dashboards.
• Build financial and operational cost models to identify and understand key cost drivers and sensitivities, including ROIs and payback periods
• Work with departments to implement and track the impact of continuous improvement initiatives, including identifying roadblocks and root causes, and developing solutions in tandem with Operational leadership
• Perform all other duties and projects that may be assigned.
• Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor or co-worker in a courteous and professional manner consistent with the Authority's Customer Service quality standard.
• Uphold the rights and interests of the Authority while building and maintaining an effective relationship with employees.
• Other responsibilities as assigned. . Physical Demands and Working Conditions
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work any and all shifts and / or locations as assigned or directed. This may include shifts outside of regular working hours starting early morning, finishing late night and weekend shifts. An 8 hours shift may be anytime within 24 hours of a day.
- Contractors are expected to work (NO TIME OFF) during communicated quarterly Pick Times and not to exceed 40 hours in a week. All contractors will participate in supporting end-users during the Pick period.
- Work at various MBTA locations within 15 miles radius from Boston. This may involve traveling by train or vehicle to various locations (*).
- Uphold the rights and interests of the Authority while building and maintaining effective relationships with employees.
Minimum Experience and Required Skills
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
• Five (5) years' of full time, 6 (6) years' of part-time, or a combination, experience in quantitative analysis, operations, project management, or related fields.
• Two (2) years of related supervisory experience in transportation operations or similar management experience.
• Excellent communication, analytical, and presentation skills with ability to obtain buy-in with key stakeholders at all levels of the organization and influence their decision-making.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and work in a team environment.
• Ability to conduct program analysis, identify Key Performance Indicators, and build management dashboards.
• Demonstrated data-driven decision-making skills and a willingness to make test-and-learn hypotheses.
• Ability to learn quickly, take direction, and work independently and to use creative, collaborative, and consultative approaches to resolve issues.
• Experience packaging complex projects for executive-level or similar presentations.
• Have excellent customer service skills, and the ability to provide internal and external customers with a courteous and professional experience.
• Advanced expertise in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. ** (Excel assessment will be administrated)
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and work effectively with a diverse workforce.
• Ability to pass background screenings and the MBTA's drug and alcohol screening.
• The ability to effectively communicate with customers, employees and vendors.
• Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills.
• Handle sensitive and confidential information in an appropriate manner.
• Ability to travel to locations throughout the MBTA's service area. Preferred Experience and Skills
• Experience as a supervisor or manager in Transportation operations.
• Experience training end users on transportation software such as HASTUS or Trapeze.
• Experience in object- oriented programming or technical analysis using complex transportation-related scheduling software packages such as HASTUS or Trapeze.
- Experience with process improvement and/or change management, such as Lean or Six Sigma.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com