Do you enjoy solving business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry-defining projects that move the needle?
At Merchants Fleet, we strive to hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build things to benefit our employees and customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is a large reason we are the nation's fastest growing fleet management company. Our Business Analysts use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges the Business Analyst will solve at Merchants Fleet are big and impact thousands of customers across the country. Our path forward is not always easy, so we are selective about who joins us on this journey. There is a specific kind of person who thrives on taking software development challenges at Merchants Fleet - someone who is excited by the idea of helping create new products, features, and services from scratch while in a fast-paced environment.
You will be working with colleagues around the world to design or implement new software initiatives and capabilities utilizing innovative technology. You will partner with multiple technical resources, Scrum Masters, and business partners to develop and execute a project strategy.
If you're ready to ELEV8 your career, come join us on this journey, and help build the future with us! Purpose:
The Business Analyst provides analysis to support the documentation, development, and maintenance of applications and website for Merchants. This individual will work with other business analysts, subject matter experts' team, and Agile development teams to document business rules/requirements, maintain/enhance existing systems, build new applications, brainstorm fixes and solutions, create features and user stories, and support the development team in implementation.
This individual will leverage a deep understanding of the Agile framework and software development lifecycle, in collaboration with the product team and Application Architects, to break down features into clear and accurate user stories for the development team. Key Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the project team to translate product management strategy, goals and directives for new products and product enhancements into clear and actionable features/user stories for the development team
- Provides complex analysis and problem solving on software development business challenges and customer support issues including talking to customers, scoping, root-cause, brainstorming with the team, clarifying options, documenting product operations, and creating innovative cost-effective solutions
- Partnering with the Product Owners and Subject Matter Experts to gather requirements, and responsible for writing features, user stories (capturing business requirements and functional specifications), creating UI wireframes and mockups, and serving as the product owner for systems related questions during scrum meetings.
- Refines and communicates new development features and user stories in a way that the team can pick up quickly; discusses priority and technical issues with the scrum team
- Supports the development team by responding to user story questions quickly and accurately, and gathering details for Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs)
- Partners with user experience designers, as needed
- Responsible for ticket triaging, differentiation between bugs and enhancements, product knowledge, and defect management support including organizing and executing user acceptance testing
- Assists with product backlog grooming sessions, schedules appropriate ad-hoc product design sessions, coordinates with lead developer and team on estimation sessions, summarizes work in sprint demos, and participates in retrospectives
- Leads and facilitates general meetings, product trainings, and collaborative workshop methods with a mix of both business and technical partners
- Process Mapping and Improvement: Documents existing processes with a keen eye for identifying waste, gaps, risks, value added areas and opportunities
- Analyzes current state processes with a holistic view of the organization and partners to design new future state processes
- Documents product build out as needed for future maintenance and development needs
- Ticket triaging, system knowledge, enhancement definition and defect management support on internal systems. Including organizing testing, following up on status, and final ticket release readiness to production systems.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- After hours and on-call work is required at critical times, particularly during a deployment
- Ability to travel upon request to visit business partners as needed
- A minimum of 7+ years' experience performing analysis in a software development environment, including Agile, and Lean Startup
- Familiar with UX design principles and practices
- Deep working knowledge of Agile, LEAN, or other product management methodologies
- Delivering trainings, presentations, running meetings and workshop facilitation a must
- Process analysis and mapping experience
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Experience as a Business Analyst for an Automotive or Fleet product is a plus
- Experience as a Product Owner in an Agile framework is a nice to have
- MS Office
- Experience using Miro collaboration tool a plus
- 1 year of Working Knowledge in Azure DevOps, Jira or used equivalent tool
- UI Prototyping or Mockup tools (Balsamiq, Axure, Visio, Adobe, etc.)
- 1 year of interpreting data using SQL queries
- Strong meeting facilitation, presentation, training and workshop facilitation skills
- Ability to develop effective relationships across the business
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and work with teams as well as individually
- Outstanding written and verbal communicator and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Strong systems aptitude and ability to leverage technology to drive customer satisfaction
- Agile, LEAN/Continuous improvement mindset
- Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related field
- Chicago, IL preferred but we are also accepting applications for our Hooksett, NH location
is the nation's fastest growing fleet management company, providing flexible funding and service options for organizations that leverage vehicles to run their operations. Merchants Fleet offers comprehensive & customizable fleet solutions, serving as a single source for all vehicle needs. Our programs range from long-term leases to monthly rentals, including unique options such as rent-to-lease and own-to-lease. With over 150,000 managed vehicles nationwide, our expert teams have experience working with nearly every industry, from corporate fleets to last mile delivery to franchise systems. We offer the most high-touch service and innovative experience across the industry, with specialized teams and a FleetTech model that merges fleet with technology to ensure our clients get the best performance out of their fleets. Merchants Fleet is headquartered in Hooksett, New Hampshire, and its Innovation Center is located in the Chicago, Illinois area. For more information, please visit merchantsfleet.com.
Merchants is an award-winning place to work with accolades including; Best & Brightest, Best Company to Work For 2015-2020, Great Place to Work and Coolest Company for Young Professionals.
California Residents click here
for California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Link to EEO Policy Statement