Trinity Industries is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Senior Business Analyst in our Dallas, Texas office.
In this role, the selected individual will be responsible to act as liaison between the Trinity?s Business Units and the TrinityRail ?s Business Systems team to collect requirements and provide advisory level services for newer enhancements/problems/incidents in order to optimize business processes and augment systems capabilities.
What you'll do:
- Plan and Conduct Discovery Phase workshops with all levels of the organization
- Advise and assist in optimizing and streamlining business processes
- Develop, Manage and Maintain Templates
- Design and recommend system enhancements to maximize productivity
- Build strong relationships with the Customer
- Recommend software best practices to business units
- Assist in strategizing the software solution roadmap with future enhancements to gain operational efficiency
- Analyze and document detail requirements, test cases, data maps, data flow diagrams, user guides, business cases, etc.
- Evaluate business priority for the future enhancements by calculating Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA) and Return on Investments (ROI)
- Collaborate with the business in developing value tree mapping for new software implementations
- Contribute in the building Proof-of-Concepts (POC?s) during introduction of cutting edge technology for Trinity Rail
- Assess business impact and severity of problem tickets while performing a detailed Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to identify the problem patterns.
- Assist in functional testing and data validation
- Perform data discovery, maintain data quality standards and recommend best practices to improve data quality within the organization
- Provide support during the soup-to-nuts implementation of Salesforce.com
- Facilitate JAD and JAR sessions with the business and technology team
- Facilitate focused sessions, showcase sessions and conduct User Acceptance Testing and Training
- Help the technology team in building Standard Operating Procedures (SOP?s) and Software delivery best practices
- Act as first point of escalation for issues with Trinity Rail?s Business applications for multiple departments spanning across multiple business units
- Provide coaching to junior resources in developing their business analysis, critical thinking and communication skills
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree required (Computer Science/Engineering/MIS/Finance Highly Preferred/MBA Preferred)
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- 2+ years working in a Lead Business Analyst role/prior consulting experience is preferred
- Extensive experience conducting discovery phase workshops
- Extensive experience on Business Process Re-engineering, Business Process Management
- Strong , organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Must possess excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Self- Starter, Creative and innovative
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skill
- Team player and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- SQL query experience required
- Working experience of Team Foundation Server
Nice to have:
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
- BPM Certification (AIIM BPM Certificate, Certification from BPMInstitute.org, ABPMP?s Certified Business Process Professional (CBPP?)). See post from the Process Excellence Network on 8 Business Process Management (BPM) training providers.
- BA Certification (CBAP/CCBA, BCS BA Certification, PMI-PBA, etc).