Senior Business Applications Developer (C#/Web/SQL)
Are you passionate about software? Are you constantly pushing yourself to learn new technologies to develop better, faster and more efficient applications? Then CoStar is the place for you. Everyone at CoStar is deeply committed to delivering high-performing applications that change the way our users consume and use commercial real estate data. We are THE leading data provider to the $11 trillion commercial real estate industry. Every day customers use our data and products to make multi-million dollar investment decisions. Our team in our headquarters Washington, DC office is growing and searching for a Senior Business Applications Developer who can take us to the next level. Are you up for the challenge?
The Senior Business Applications Developer (C#/Web/SQL) is responsible for designing, developing and troubleshooting high performance and high availability applications supporting internal users and business processes using C#, web, Microsoft SQL Server and related technologies to meet the company-s strategic objectives. The role involves a mix of maintenance and new development while both adhering to and advancing CoStar-s processes, practices and technologies.
* Learn CoStar's data, processes and products.
* Analyze technical requirements by CoStar-s product strategy, propose designs, and contribute with technical feedback.
* Design and implement new web-based and WinForms experiences in new and existing applications from the UI through to data storage by leveraging C#, the .NET Framework, modern HTML/CSS/ECMAScript/Typescript and libraries thereof, targeted platforms and browsers, and Microsoft SQL Server features.
* Plan, implement and extend back-end C# Windows services and even NodeJS-based services.
* Design and develop using Object Oriented, Set Oriented, and Functional design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability.
* Troubleshoot issues with basic investigative or advanced debugging techniques.
* Adhere to CoStar-s general functional, performance and availability software requirements.
* Adhere to CoStar's established processes and practices for solution delivery.
* Facilitate discussions among other developers to exchange and promote new ideas and improvements.
* Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen CoStar-s technology platform and development practices.
* Develop database SQL scripts, stored procedures and SSIS packages as required.
* Maintain and support CoStar-s products that are released to stakeholders and customers.
* Communicate professionally and effectively to build consensus among different teams working on software development projects.
Competencies, Knowledge & Skills
A strong candidate demonstrates many of the following:
* Works with minimal supervision or assistance to complete tasks
* Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
* Experience in Enterprise-scale software development environments
* Expert knowledge of fundamentals in relevant computer architectures, networking, and common protocols
* Expert knowledge of the concepts and design patterns of Object Oriented, Set Oriented, and even Functional Programming
* Expert knowledge of the .NET Framework architecture and the C# language
* Expert knowledge of server-side web-technologies including WebAPI, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET and even SignalR and NodeJS
* Expert knowledge of web-based technologies including ECMAScript 2016+, modern HTML & CSS and even TypeScript and websockets
* Expert knowledge of server/workstation programming concerns including logging, installation/deployment and development of Windows services
* Advanced-level skill in troubleshooting and tool-assisted debugging
* Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft SQL language and relational data modeling
* Strong working knowledge of ADO.NET, Microsoft SQL and stored procedure development
* Strong working knowledge of SDLC
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation version control and planning tools and even Git version control
* Strong at requirements analysis and management
* Experience with Microsoft SQL SSIS
* Experience in software testing (Unit, System, Integration, Functional, Performance)
* Working knowledge of feature/behavior differences among versions of relevant technologies
* Strong ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas within and across teams
* Strong ability to work well with other developers and management
* Adaptability/Stress tolerance
* Ability to juggle priorities
* Awareness of emerging technologies
DC Office Benefits
* Work for an environmentally conscious company in an environmentally friendly building that is LEED Gold Certified
* Available Segways and bikes for personal use - free
* $100 / month in Metro SmartCard Benefits
* Beautiful roof top terrace with expansive views of the city; great for lunch and after work hangouts
* Green roof
* One block walk to Metro train station
* Electric vehicle charging stations onsite
* Underground parking
* Complete fitness center with locker rooms onsite - free
* Onsite Yoga - free
* Fresh fruit, juice, vegetables, and yogurts stocked daily - free
* Full HD video conference system between any CoStar office
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing