LEAVE YOUR MARK ON A BETTER WORLD. COLLABORATE WITH AMAZING PEOPLE. MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN.
At North Highland, we believe in doing great things together. With you. With our clients. With a perspective on actions today that shape tomorrow. As the world's most innovative, collaborative consulting group, we've built a space to share ideas like never before. Do you have the skills, passion and commitment to transform industries for the better? Think you can bring your A-game every day? If so, join us. We like big thinkers with action on the brain... Why North Highland?
Every choice you make will give you the opportunity to grow. It's our employee ownership model - with plenty of coaching and personal development opportunities in the mix. For us, training doesn't have an off switch. You'll learn new things, both during and beyond traditional working hours. We want people who strive for the next level, then the next. At North Highland, you're never a number.
Our firm is large enough to scale up, test your mettle and tackle big challenges, but small enough that clients won't lose your face in a crowd. You're recognized individually. We started as three leaders and a kitchen table.
Which means we know expectations are made to be broken. Want to surprise us? Do it. Experiment and stretch yourself. There's room to grow as a budding entrepreneur. Exciting work you will do:
Partner with the account teams in helping to sell Data & Analytics consulting work and be a big contributor to the growth of this capability at North Highland. This role is involved at the beginning stages of the sales cycle through to delivery.
What you will need:
- Collaborate creatively with our client account teams to grow existing and build new client relationships with some of the most exciting brands in the world
- Show a bias to action through high quality work delivered on time and on budget to our clients
- Participate in business development pursuits as a subject matter expert in Data Strategy, Data Architecture and Analytics
- Perform lead architect responsibilities on a variety of analytics projects, ranging from data engineering to cloud to data viz to data strategy.
- Mentor and lead junior team members in analytics delivery architecture best practices.
- Provide strategic thinking, solutions, roadmaps and project leadership for all data and analytics work.
- Be a thought leader in data analytics demonstrated by blog postings or white papers
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques and best practices including prototyping new architecture methods, tools and products that might provide future value to our clients
- Participate in project reviews to insure architectural direction is continually followed
- In general, be a SME in Data Visualization and Enterprise Information Management, be a great project leader, work inclusively and collaboratively with project and account teams, and contribute to North Highland Data and Analytics being a world class provider in this space
- At least 8 years of hands-on data analytics experience
- Demonstrated track record of successful consulting engagement experience including a role in managing and interfacing with senior level client executives.
- Motivated self-starter enjoying the fast-paced world of analytics consulting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical audience of wide variety of levels including client-facing senior management.
- Analytical scripting language skills, such as Python, R, SAS
- Data Visualization tools: Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, etc.
- Familiarity with the scripting data and machine learning ecosystems - (Jupyter Notebooks, scikit-learn, SciPy, NumPy, pandas, Matplotlib, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Experience with wide array of analytical approaches (correlation analysis, predictive and explanatory modeling, unsupervised clustering, analysis of unstructured data)
- Solid SQL skills - via exposure to RDBMSs such as Amazon Redshift, Google Cloud BigQuery, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, postgres, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies - Data warehouse (BigQuery, RedShift, Snowflake, Synapse) / cloud storage / data lake (GS, S3, Athena, ADLS) / data science environments (Spark, Databricks, Sagemaker, AzureML, etc.)
- Working knowledge of data engineering technologies - Airflow, Stored procedures, SSIS, Informatica, Alteryx
- Ability to gather and document business requirements and translate them to technical requirements.
- Understanding of business functions (sales, finance, marketing, operations) and how they relate to business intelligence solutions.
- Has the investigative mindset and related skills that can be used with any number of tools to explore available data.
- Ability to self-direct and manage priorities; ability to handle issues that are not well-defined and/or conflict with available information; ability to successfully navigate ambiguity to resolution.
- Ability to travel freely (as needed) to fulfill client requirements and project needs.
** Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship by North Highland. Work visa sponsorship will not be provided, now or in the future, for this position.
- Master's degree in MIS or Analytics
- Professional certifications in data technologies (public cloud platforms, BI tools, etc.)
- Familiarity with dimensional modeling techniques (star schemas, facts, dimensions, etc.)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across the organization, and influence senior management, peers and staff through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities to achieve results.
Click HERE to apply
North Highland makes change happen for organizations who dare to be different. By melding workforce, customer and operational transformation, they are one of the world's leading consulting groups, with 65+ offices around the globe. They break new ground today so tomorrow is easier to explore.
For more information, visit northhighland.com
and connect with us on LinkedIn
North Highland is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.