Senior Business Architect (Senior Consultant)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Deloitte Consulting's Innovation & Platforms practice develops products that augment our leading services practice and strike at the heart of our clients' business needs. Deloitte's commitment to innovation is inspiring our clients to new possibilities; our asset-based consulting agenda is designed to deliver tangible results in the near-term and sustainable competitive advantage for years to come. Are you looking for an opportunity to help build products used by some of the biggest and most influential businesses around the world? If so, we are currently seeking a Senior Business Architect to support the P&S Product Management team. The Team
Deloitte Innovation & Platforms is an organization within Deloitte Consulting with the goal ofbuilding a culture of continuous innovation to drive profitable revenue through the identification, incubation, and actualization of breakthrough ideas inassets-based hybrid offerings. The Product Management Team is responsible for designing, building, supporting and delivering groundbreaking new products, while managing our existing product portfolio of software, analytics and SaaS-based products.
Are you an experienced product manager or product leader who has helped lead the development and delivery of world-class software or analytics products? Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your scope to build products used by some of the biggest and most influential businesses around the world? If the answer to these questions is yes, we would like to talk with you. Key Responsibilities
A Senior Business Architect is responsible for defining the structure for software solutions in terms of key stakeholders, high-level interactions, capabilities, user stories, and any specific business requirements. They are also responsible for researching, developing, and documenting business architecture deliverables such as context diagrams, capability maps, user story inventory, detailed user stories, personas, demo storyboard, and business requirements in tools and templates. The Architect will conduct gap analysis of current to target state business architecture (in case of existing solutions) and define roadmap and plans to achieve target state; while collaborating with advisory support staff (business and product SMEs) and downstream teams (e.g. development, UI design) to obtain inputs, drive decisions, and solicit feedback used to develop, refine, and finalize business architecture deliverables.
Senior Business Architects also scope, plan, and drive working sessions and weekly checkpoints with management, advisory support staff, and downstream teams. They provide input and clarifications to downstream teams (UI designers, solution architecture, development, testing). Primarily, they provide inputs to revise and finalize UI wireframes / mockups which will be used along with user stories and any specific requirements to design, build, and test the artifact (concept / prototype / product). They are responsible for documenting key decisions, action items, and notes from meetings and distributes to necessary stakeholders. They coach and mentor the teams on methodology, frameworks, tools, and templates. They monitor and drive progress of documentation of business architecture deliverables against project timelines. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of related Business Architect experience
- Ability to work well with product owners, business and technical subject matter experts, product delivery managers, creative designers, technical architects, software developers, offshore delivery teams, and testers
- Driving workshops with medium-large groups of diverse participants in-person and virtually
- Project management, planning, and organization
- Documentation of deliverables and meeting outcomes
- Strong verbal and written English communication
- Coaching and mentoring of new team members
- Strong sense of ownership, and responsibility for deliverables
- Highly diligent, comfortable with ambiguity and solving complex problems, and flexible with willingness to stretch comfort zones to meet product, team, and competency goals.
- Develop the functional requirements for a reporting product aimed at significantly improving the quality, transparency, and interoperability of safety data from post marketing, clinical trials as well as real-world sources such as electronic medical records and social media
- Implement agile methodology, by assisting in planning sprints and project milestones based on scope of work
- Plan and facilitate workshops with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and technical stakeholders to refine detailed user stories and provide inputs on draft UI wireframes
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to ensure the design is compatible with user stories and stakeholders' expectations
- Assist product manager by managing and assigning daily tasks to team members through project management tools to ensure on-time deliverables
- Jama Contour
- MS Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Agile SDLC
- Fluent in agile: epics, themes, user stories.
- Business process modeling.
- User stories development.
- Requirements gathering and definition.
- Persona development.
- Stakeholder interviewing and management.
- Test case development, manual testing, and defect management.
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future. How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's Culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to nourish and build a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. . Corporate Citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter Tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you o your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.