Job ID: 2110550-0010 Location:
HUNTSVILLE , AL , US Date Posted:
Bus Proc AnalystSchedule:
Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
NonePotential for Remote Work:
SAIC has an opening for a Senior Business Data Analyst. This is a remote position. Job Description
- Responsible for soliciting and wrangling requirements from functional owners and completing the data mapping for required elements
- While keeping an overall enterprise view, they will work within their functional areas to maintain data working groups to solicit new requirements and look to improving overall business function
- Conduct interviews to identify appropriate data warehouse subject areas (or business processes) in their functional areas, identifying and documenting key metrics, including definitions, calculations and system of record in those subject areas
- Participate in the creation of the logical data model, data mapping documents and requirements for data sets, analytics and reports to support business requirements
- Review data requirements to ensure they are integrated into a cohesive data roadmap that looks across the entire enterprise
- Work closely with the business data stewards in identifying and defining business terms in support of the data catalog
- Responsible for helping maintain data quality by working with data stewards and process owners to ensure that data created are accurate and complete and will support downstream uses
- They will have the training and knowledge necessary to assist with the creation of reporting and analytic solutions.
- Work with the change management function to support overall training and communication efforts
- They will participate in evaluation of adhoc data requests to determine if a data solution already exists or if not, determine if a permanent reporting or analysis solution is required and/or generate the required data using existing data to answer the data call
- Participate in integrations and migrations to help ensure overall quality and accuracy of data being converted
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Qualifications Basic Qualifications
BS in Computer Science, Information Science or Business related field and 9+ years of experience, Master's Degree and &+ years of experience, additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
5+ years of experience in data modeling and data system integration implementation.
This position requires US Citizenship. Preferred Qualifications
Familiarity with SQL; relational database, and POWERBI (or related tools).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $105,001 - $115,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com .
My SAIC Benefits.